HCG Diet Recipes > Desserts > Hcg Diet Baked Apple Recipe
- Ground Cinnamon (1.0 tsp)
- Apple Juice (1.0 cup)
- Ground Nutmeg (0.25 tsp)
- Stevia/Truvia (0.5 cup)
- Granny Smith Apple (6.0 apples)
- Fresh Mint (6.0 sprigs)
Do you know that healthy baked apple recipes deliver numerous variations on a well-loved theme? Baked apples are a great low fat dessert. It is a recipe that has been cooked for many centuries and its simplicity, deliciousness are some reasons why this has become one of the all-time favorite recipes of the young and even among us, adults. Here is another baked apple recipe that can be included in your list of healthy HCG diet recipes
- Use Granny Smith apples with the same size. Prepare the oven and preheat it to 325 degrees F.
- Get a small bowl. Mix together the following: ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and ½ cup of stevia/truvia. After mixing all the mentioned ingredients in this step, leave it aside.
- Then get the apples and rinse them to make sure they are washed well. Use a corer to scoop out the core from the top of the apple and make sure not to cut all the way at the bottom of each fruit.
The core should be completely removed. If you can’t remove it thoroughly using the corer, you can cut what’s left with a small knife.
- Get a knife or a peeler. Hold each apple and peel off the skin from ½ inch at around top of its opening.
- Now get the mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia/truvia that you’ve prepared in Step 2. Put at least one spoon of mixture on the hole of each apple. Do this until all of the fruits are filled with mixture.
- In this step, you will need a casserole dish. Put the apples on it and drizzle apple juice around them. Then get aluminum foil that will cover the pan that will be used in baking. Bake the apples for around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After baking, get the pan out of the oven, and put the baked apples on a plate. Add fresh mint on the baked stuffed apples and serve.
- Tips: 1) Don't try to eat it right after it was baked, because it will be very hot. Some put cream or whipped cream (or even ice cream) on top. Don’t forget to cut up the apple before taking one bite or else you’ll wind up the whole apple in your mouth.
2) Sprinkling with fruit and spices around the apple can be done to make your core hole filled up.
This can be done at the end of cooking. You can also add marshmallows, brown sugar and cinnamon in the center to make a caramel meringue. You can also add variations of toppings or fillings for your baked apples.
3) You can use apple corer – a stylish device used to core apples or melon baller which scoops out nicely. Use a knife to scrape out the bits of core in the apples.
4) Keep an eye when baking your apples because this doesn’t require long time to cook. Don’t forget to cut a line around the skin. If the apples stay too long in the oven they have a tendency to burst.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving