17 Day Diet Recipes > Main dishes > 17 Day Diet Roast Beef Recipe
- Beef Bottom Round (Lean Only, Trimmed to 1/8'' Fat) (100.0 g)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Olive Oil (1.0 tsp)
This easy-to-do recipe makes a complete, filling meal. Prepare ahead of time and you won’t have to worry on what to cook next. So delicious and nutritious!
- Massage salt all over the beef and wrap then refrigerate from 18-24 hrs.
- Prepare a large saucepan with olive oil and turn the roast side to side for 3-4 minutes.
- Roast uncovered in 225 Fahrenheit oven until temperature is 115F or 1.25-1.5 hrs.
- Turn off the oven and leave roast until internal temperature reaches 130F or 30-50 minutes.
- Let it cool for 15minutes. Serve with gravy and enjoy!
- Tips: When roasting a beef or any other meat, it is important to use a roasting rack to elevate the meat. If not available, use carrots or celeries to elevate the meat so the meat won’t be steam in its own juices.
If you don’t have a roasting pan, you can use a 13 x 9 baking dish in replacement.
In the instruction above, it is stated to roast uncovered. Simply because if you cover the roast, though it will cook quicker, the meat won’t achieve its golden brown color.
If you have a meat thermometer, you can use it to determine the time the meat is at state.
Allowing the meat to sit for a while before serving makes the meat juicier and tenderer because juices will redistribute to every part of the roast during rest time.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving