HCG Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Hcg Diet Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- Chicken Breast (8.0 pieces, halved)
- Pepper (1.0 tsp)
- Frank's Red Hot Sauce (1.0 cup)
- Bacon (32.0 slices, crumbled)
- Romaine Lettuce (8.0 heads)
- Tomatoes (4.0 cup, diced)
- Celery (2.0 cup, diced)
- Carrots (2.0 cup, shredded)
- Scallions (12.0 tbsp, sliced)
- Blue Cheese (3.0 cup, crumbled)
- Sour Cream (12.0 tbsp)
- Buttermilk (12.0 tbsp)
- Mayonnaise (12.0 tbsp)
- Iodized Salt (1.0 tsp)
For those of you whose all-time favorite is salad recipes, you should try this quick and easy version that can be prepared and adored in your own home. This Buffalo Chicken Salad HCG Diet Recipe tastes so great especially when it’s mixed with the blue cheese dressing which is made with simple elements, providing an appetizing dressing you can enjoy!
- Preparing the Chicken: Start by getting rid of the extra fat on the chicken breasts. Then slice it crosswise, make sure to create 4 cutlets.
- Next, spice the chicken cutlets by adding salt and pepper, mix in the Frank's Red Hot Sauce, and marinate for 30 minutes. You can also marinate up to overnight depending on how you want it to be done.
- Get a large pan and place it to medium or high heat. Place the bacon on the pan and cook until crisp. When you’re done cooking your bacon, put them in a plate with paper towels. Let it cool for a while, and then begin chopping into little pieces. Then grab a large bowl. Get the romaine lettuce, using a knife cut it into ½ inch pieces and rinse in a strainer.
Set aside the pieces of lettuce then start chopping the tomatoes and celery, cut your scallions, and tatter your carrots. Set it aside. You will use this when plating your salad on the last step.
- To prepare the blue cheese dressing, in a small mixing bowl combine 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons buttermilk, 3 tablespoons sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then stir to mix well the ingredients.
- Once you’re done marinating, place the marinated chicken on a baking sheet and grill for 4 to 6 minutes or until the chicken cutlets are no longer pink. When you’re done grilling, you can now remove the grilled chicken cutlets from the pan and place them to a plate lined with paper towels.
Let them cooled for a while then start slicing your chicken cutlets into 1 inch thick pieces and add additional 3 tablespoons of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (this step is optional).
- To plate your Buffalo Chicken salad, in a large plate some pieces of lettuce. Add the 1/4 of your chopped tomatoes, celery, carrots, and scallions.
Lastly, add the 1/4 of your crumbled blue cheese and bacon. Drizzle some blue cheese dressing over the top and add your grilled chicken. Serve and savor it!
- Tips # 1: If you want to revive your limp celery you can do this by immersing it in ice water for 10 minutes.
- Tip # 2: You can also use chicken thigh and mix lemon vinaigrette in your Buffalo Chicken salad instead of having chicken breasts as your main ingredient. This will help you cut back on fat.
- Tip # 3: If you want to have something else that you can eat along with your salad, you can bake sliced chicken and make a sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. Then you’ll have not only a salad but also a healthy chicken sandwich!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving