17 Day Diet Recipes > Side dishes > 17 Day Diet Spiced Carrot Strips Recipe
Turn your usual snack into a zing with this healthy carrot strips spiced up with the distinct taste of cinnamon and classic savor of butter!
- Rinse carrots with water, peel, and slice in even size.
- Heat a saucepan with water then add the sliced carrots.
- Cover the saucepan for 8 minutes or until carrots are tender
- Drain water off and place carrots back into warm pan.
- Add the melted margarine and cinnamon over the carrots.
- Toss to coat evenly and place into serving bowl. Share and enjoy!
- Tips: When choosing the right carrots, check on the firmness, if it has no cracks, rooted carrots, and its texture. Rooted carrots means they were around for a couple of weeks that it has grown roots on its own.
Before storing carrots, make sure to remove the tops. Tops constantly sucked out the nutrients from the root, hence, leaving the carrots with less moisture.
When peeling a carrot, you can put the carrot in the center of the chopping board. Hold the carrot by your left hand and your right hand with the peeler and turn carrot until completely peeled.
For the excess butter, wrap the portion in a plastic wrapper or foil to maintain freshness because you can use it in another recipe. Refrigerate immediately after you scoop a 2 tbsp.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving