P90X Recipes > Desserts > P90x Carrot Cake Muffin Recipe
- Egg Whites (8.0 pcs)
- Rolled Oats (1.0 cup)
- Fat Free Cottage Cheese (0.5 cup)
- Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (2.0 scoops)
- Baking Powder (Low Sodium) (1.0 tsp)
- Vanilla Extract (1.0 tbsp)
- Splenda (0.5 cup)
- Cinnamon (1.0 tbsp)
- Carrots (grated) (1.0 cup)
- Crushed Pineapple Sweetened with Splenda (0.5 cup)
- Raisins (2.0 tbsp)
Care about your diet? Try this easy-to-do, diet-conscious recipe. You can have one for breakfast or as a mid-afternoon snack!
- Combine the egg whites and the batter ingredients in a blender.
- Blend well and add up carrots, pineapples, nuts, and raisins.
- Coat muffin pan with cooking spray then scoop a ¾ filled batter on each pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan right away.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Trivia: Carrots are acknowledged as the vegetable that is easy to grow, tasty and high nutrition. Both children and adults like carrots because of its sweet taste and crunchy texture. Carrot plants can spring up in almost all seasons. They are the second most known type of vegetable after potatoes. It supplies a lot of nutrition to the body.
- Nutrition Facts: Carrots are good sources of biotin, fiber, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin K, potassium and thiamine. Based from studies, carrot has falcarinol that fights cancer cells. Carrots also improve your eyesight because it is rich in vitamin A. Lack of vitamin A causes blindness. According to studies, a diet high in carotenoids is affiliated with lower risk of heart disease. It also reduces the risk of stroke based from the research of Harvard University. It says that people who ate more than six carrots a week are much less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or more. Carrot has strong cleansing properties that are effective in detoxifying the liver. It contains a lot of beta carotene which serves as an anti-aging benefit for the body. It also provides dental health since it cleanses your teeth making it stronger even after meals. They act as natural abrasives, help in eliminate the sticky dirt from the teeth and stimulate gums.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving