LeanGains Recipes > Appetizers > Leangains Carrot Waffles Recipe
- 0% Greek Style Yogurt (0.5 cup)
- Milk (Whole Milk) (1.0 cup)
- Whole Wheat Pancakes (Dry Mix) (70.0 g)
- Egg White (2.0 large)
- Egg Yolk (1.0 large)
- Carrots - Raw (1.0 cup of chopped)
- Cinnamon (1.0 tsp)
- Nutmeg (Ground) (1.0 tsp)
- Pure Almond Extract (0.25 tsp)
- Apples (1.0 medium (2-3/4'' dia) (approx 3 per lb))
- Vanilla Extract (1.0 tsp)
- Honey (1.0 tbsp)
- Butter (5.0 g)
If you're looking for a refreshing change of pace for your breakfast meal, try these carrot waffles.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, milk, and pancake mix.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg whites and yolk until blended.
- Combine the eggs with the yogurt mixture.
- Add in the carrots, shredded, along with spices and extract and stir until a batter has formed.
- Pour into a waffle maker and cook as you would normal waffles.
- In another bowl, combine together shredded apple, vanilla extract, butter, and honey. Drizzle over top of waffles once they're finished cooking.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving