Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Chicken Curry Recipe
- Chicken Breast (2.0 breast quarter)
- Lowfat Plain Yogurt (1.0 8 oz container)
- Curry Powder (3.0 tsp)
- Onions - Raw (1.0 medium)
This is a chicken curry recipe that warms the heart of every diner. It’s spicy, flavourful, and satisfying all at the same time. Enjoy this wonderful dish from India.
- For this recipe, we will be using chicken breasts. Chicken breasts are perfect for the Dukan diet because these are lean and contain very few fats. Slice the chicken breast into strips or cubes depending on your preference.
- Take one medium onion and finely chop into small cubes. You can use white or red onion. Personally, I like white onion better for a curry dish.
- Measure two servings of 1.5 teaspoons of curry powder. You’ll use one serving for the chicken and another serving for the yogurt. Rub 1.5 teaspoon to your chicken breast. Make sure the chicken pieces are well coated with curry powder.
- Take 1 cup of low fat yogurt. Use plain yogurt. Don’t use flavoured yogurt as this will affect the taste of the dish. Using Greek yogurt adds a great tanginess to this dish.
- Take out your sauté pan, coat with a non stick cooking spray or with low fat oil. Set this over medium heat. Saute your onions until they sweat. You should be able to smell the onions when this is done properly.
- Add your chicken breast and cook until chicken pieces are a little browned. Pour yogurt into the mixture and add the last serving of curry powder. Stir your curry dish and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- For a better tasting curry dish, you may add curry leaves and coconut milk. Just make sure to check the fat content before adding these ingredients to stay true to your diet. If you do not have yogurt, you may use skimmed milk instead. Just add a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon to provide that tangy flavour.
- This dish is best served hot. Enjoy with Basmati rice or your favorite bread.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving