HCG Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Hcg Diet Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Onions - Raw (10.0 rings)
- Kosher Salt (0.5 cup)
- Pepper (0.25 tsp)
- Butter (1.0 pat)
- Lemons (4.0 slices)
- Oranges (4.0 slices)
- Rosemary Garlic Rub (1.0 cup)
- Garlic (3-5 cloves)
- Butcher's Twine (3.0 foot length)
A detailed recipe on how to make the perfect roasted chicken! This recipe includes not only the ingredients and instructions but also the tools, spices, and cooking tips you’ll need in roasting your chicken. Go check the ingredients and prepare to do this flavorful roasted chicken.
- Prepare a roasting pan or a baking sheet. Place a roasting rack over the pan to cook the chicken more equally. With roasting rack, this will give you crispier chicken skin. You can also line the pan with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius).
- In two quarts of water, melt ½ cup kosher salt or ¼ cup table salt. Submerge the whole chicken on it, place in the refrigerator and let it marinate for one hour but not longer than 5 hours.
Then remove the brine, and wash the chicken with cold running water. Dry the washed chicken using paper towels. If you want extra-crispy skin, put back the chicken to the refrigerator and let it air-dry for an hour, or overnight, before roasting.
- Chop fresh herbs and put them under the bird’s skin while also adding butter on it. You can also stuff sprigs to the chicken with onions, garlic, and lemons or oranges.
Use dry rub (a combination of dried and ground spices) under the chicken skin and inside the hole of the chicken. This is a great way to add some spice if you’ll be removing the skin.
- If you like to truss the chicken before roasting it, you can do this by doing this step. Cut a 3-foot length of heatproof butcher’s twine. With the breast facing up, place the chicken in a clean surface.
Twist the center of the string beneath the chicken’s tail while holding one end of the string in each hand. Get the ends of the legs inside the string, then cross the string over the chicken’s breast, making an X. Then twist the string under and around the wings, and tie the string tightly in a knot across the middle of the breast.
Make sure that the ends of the wings are pushed in.
- Roast the chicken for 10-15 minutes. Then adjust the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and roast for 20 minutes.
To get the most precise temperature reading, insert the instant-read thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh, near the interior of the chicken.
- When the chicken is completely roasted, remove it from the oven and cover it lightly with aluminum foil. Set it aside for 10 minutes before slicing. Doing this will redistributes the juices and will result to a moister chicken.
- Slice the chicken and do your own way of plating for your roasted chicken. Serve and enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving