HCG Diet Recipes > Soups and drinks > Hcg Diet Chicken Soup Recipe
- Garlic (3.0 cloves)
- Limes (1.0 fruit (2'' dia))
- Chicken (4.0 lbs)
- Onion (1.0 medium, chopped/cut in wedges)
- Celery (0.5 cup, diced)
- Cilantro (Coriander) (0.25 cup)
- Bay Laurel Leaves (2.0 pcs.)
- Kosher Salt (1.0 tbsp)
- Carrots (0.5 cup, shredded)
- Avocado (1.0 fruit)
For such a long time Chicken soup has been considered as a cure for symptomatic upper respiratory tract infections. Whether you’re sick or healthy, here’s another way to cook your Chicken Soup without spending too much money on your recipe and cooking time in your kitchen, go check this out and try it yourself.
- Place the chicken in a stock pot. The stock pot should be big enough to hold the chicken.
- Put the chicken in a stock pot just big enough to hold it. Mix the onions (must be cut into wedges), smashed garlic, chopped celery, stems and roots from 1 bunch of cilantro, 2 bay laurel leaves and salt around the chicken.
- Put a lid on the pot, and make sure that it the chicken is covered with water. Boil the chicken over high heat. Continue to boil the chicken for 5 minutes. Then turn off the stove to allow the chicken to simmer in the water for at least 45 minutes. Make sure not to open the lid in this step.
- Then after 45 minutes letting the chicken simmer in the water, open the lid, remove the chicken from the stock and allow it to cool off until it can be touch, Remove the chicken skin, and then shred the meat off the bones into bite size pieces. After cutting the chicken into pieces, cover them and chill in refrigerator until the soup is finished.
- In the stock pot, put the bones back and also include any juices that came from the chicken. Put a lid or cover into the stock pot, and let the soup to boil. Turn off the heat and let it simmer for 3 hours when it starts boiling.
- Use a strainer to drain the stock and to remove the solids. Get rid of any excess oil then add the soup back to the pot and add the carrots. Cook until the carrots are tender. Season the soup with salt to taste.
- Serve your chicken soup in a bowl by placing down some chicken, carrots and avocado. Drizzle the hot stock over everything and garnish with cilantro and a slice of lime.
- Chicken Soup Tips:
Do not use chicken that has been frozen for your Chicken Soup. Freezing force dampness from the tissues then when the chicken is defrosted, all that moisture ends up down the drain, leaving a dry and tasteless chicken. If you want a tasteful and flavorful soup, don’t use frozen chicken.
Dark meat has more flavor than white meat. Keep this in mind if you are going to use chicken parts rather than a whole chicken. The reason of a less flavorful result is because of using ONLY ALL White meat.
Chicken feet add not only healthy flavor, but it also adds gelatinous body to your chicken soup. Fresh chicken feet should be overcooked for five minutes to remove the skin and toenails before adding to the stockpot.
Calf feet, veal knuckles and beef marrow bones achieve the same goal. Bones brings nutritious calcium and minerals into the soup.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving