HCG Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Hcg Diet Mexican Chili Recipe
- Minced Garlic (1.0 cup)
- Crushed Red Pepper (1.0 packet)
- Chili Powder (1.0 tbsp)
- Cumin (1.0 tsp)
- Ground Round (3-4 lbs)
- Lard or any cooking oil (Butter/Olive Oil) (3.0 tbsp)
- Onion (1.0 medium, chopped/cut in wedges)
- Chocolate (Unsweetened) (1.0 cup grated)
- Water (3cups/3 quarts)
- Tomato Paste (100.0 g)
This easy chili recipe is just one of the few ways that you may try and add in your list of Chili Recipes. Add your own specialty to this recipe that will be surely enjoyed by yourself, your friends, and your family! You may also check on the tip about Chili after the last instruction of this delicious recipe.
- Get a big pan on medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of butter and melt it on the pan. (Any ingredient that will serve as cooking fat can be used for this step.) Once the butter melted and the pan is heated, put the 3 lbs. of ground round on the cooking pan, add onions and cook until the meat color becomes brown and until the added onions are tender.
- Then add 3 cups of water or chicken/beef broth and 2 cans of tomato paste to the meat. Mix in the minced garlic, crushed red peppers, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of powdered cumin, and the ½ oz. of grated unsweetened cooking chocolate.
You can add additional teaspoon of cumin on your chili depending on how much cumin would you like to include in your recipe. You may also add in other ingredients if you want to spice it in different ways.
You can add half of the pepper and cook for a while, and taste the chili if it tastes well, since you don’t want to serve a very hot chili for your friends or family. Some people might not want to have it very hot so don’t put too much crushed peppers at once. Try to add little and stir, then taste it. Add more if necessary.
Tip: If you will be using hotter chili peppers, to be safe, you should wear gloves and make sure to keep your hands away from your eyes. Capsaicin is what makes the chili hot. It is an active component of chili peppers that is not water soluble which means that it can’t be rinse off with water. So be careful when handling hotter chili peppers.
- Cook until it starts boiling. Adjust the heat to low, and boil for 3 or more hours. While cooking, extra water should be added if necessary.
- Use a wooden spoon in skimming oil off the top of the chili while cooking.
- Add your cooked Mexican Chili on top of the spaghetti noodles with tattered cheese. (You may use any kind of noodles for this step.)
- Tip No. 1: Chili is one of the favorite recipes in many homes in America. It has been cooked in many different ways. It is simply a thick stew and it is usually cooked with beans, tomatoes, meat, onions, and other vegetables with lots of different spices.
- Tip No. 2: At the end of your cooking, your chili can be condensed by making slurry. Just combine cornstarch with some cold water until melted, then add it to your chili. Cook chili for another 10 minutes or more until it thickens and blends.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving