Dukan Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Dukan Diet Cocktail Sauce Recipe
- Horseradish (1.0 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (2.0 wedge yields)
- One Carb Reduced Sugar Tomato Ketchup (6.0 tbsp)
- Chili Garlic Sauce (6.0 tsp)
- Tabasco Sauce (0.75 tsp)
This hot and spicy cocktail sauce goes superbly with any seafood dish. Spice up your shrimp cocktails with this thick sauce that’s low fat and sugar free!
- Measure and prepare all ingredients before starting. This dipping sauce may be prepared in advance. Just store the sauce in an air tight container inside the refrigerator to keep it fresh.
- Measure a third of a cup of the Heinz One Carb Ketchup and place this in a mixing bowl. If you do not have this type of ketchup, you may use pure Tomato paste as substitute. The Heinz One Carb Ketchup is great for this recipe because it does not only give a rich tomato flavor that we all love but it also contains less carbohydrate and sugar. It’s great for weight watchers like us. We can now enjoy a good ketchup without piling on the calories.
- To this mixture, add the horseradish, chili garlic sauce, and Tabasco sauce. Mix to incorporate all the ingredients to the tomato sauce. If you prefer a spicier dipping sauce, add more of the Tabasco or chili garlic sauce as desired. If you do not have Tabasco, you may use a different brand of chilli sauce. Just check the sugar contents of those sauces before adding them.
- Lastly, add around a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. This will give our sauce that lively acidic kick great for seafood dishes. It will also help keep our sauce fresh for a long time. Mix well so as to distribute the lemon juice evenly. If you do not have lemon, you may use lime or any citrus fruit juice as substitute. You may also use your favourite vinegar instead. I find that freshly squeezed lemon tastes best though.
- Keep this sauce in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You may keep this in an air tight container stored in the refrigerator for weeks without spoiling.
- This cocktail sauce is normally used as a dipping sauce but you can also use it as a base sauce when cooking any dish. While it goes well with seafood, don’t limit yourself to it. Try using the same dipping sauce for chicken fingers and vegetable sticks. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving