HCG Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Hcg Diet Coleslaw Recipe
- Cabbage - Raw (1.0 cup of chopped)
- Carrots - Raw (1.0 cup of chopped)
- Mayonnaise (1.0 cup)
- Vinegar (1.0 cup)
- Apple Cider (100.0 g)
- Mustard (100.0 g)
- Iodized Salt (0.25 tsp)
- Onions - Raw (1.0 cup of chopped)
- Parsley (1.0 cup)
- Bell Peppers - Raw (1.0 cup sliced)
- Sugar (1.0 tsp)
Coleslaw is one of the most popular vegetable salads that people love to make and eat as a side dish accompaniment for main course such as grilled meat, or barbecued chicken. It is very easy to make coleslaw. You can follow the easy steps below to make coleslaw in the comfort of your home. Just follow this step-by-step procedure in making coleslaw salad that doesn’t require so much time and doesn’t cost too much money.
- First finely shred one cabbage and 2-3 carrots. To save time you can buy ready-made shredded cabbage and carrots from the market. Get a large bowl and mix the shredded cabbage and carrots together.
- Then, let’s proceed in making the dressing for the coleslaw. Get another bowl and combine 1 cup of mayonnaise with ½ cup vinegar. In a coleslaw dressing, using apple-cider vinegar tastes best. Nevertheless, you can use vinegar that you want to include for your dressing. Make sure to combine the vinegar and the mayonnaise very well.
Then add some mustard sauce and salt. After mixing well the vinegar and the mayonnaise add ¼ cup of sugar and whisk the dressing properly until it becomes creamy in consistency. Depending on how sweet would you like your coleslaw to be, you can increase or decrease the amount of sugar on it.
Also, if you want your coleslaw to taste tangier, you can increase amount of vinegar to be added.
- Next, you can chop some green onions and chop parsley for this step. Then add the chopped ingredients to your dressing. On the shredded cabbage and shredded carrots, pour the dressing generously.
Blend the dressing with the veggies so that all veggies get equally coated with the creamy dressing.
- You could also use a variation of other vegetables such as bell peppers and broccoli florets in addition to cabbage and carrots. Be sure to finely chop or shred the other veggies so that all vegetables used in the salad are of consistent size.
- Refrigerate the coleslaw for at least 2-3 hours before serving it. This will ensure that the flavors in the dressing get well mixed with the juices from the veggies, resulting to a nice flavor of your coleslaw.
- Coleslaw is known to be a colorful salad, so you can always use different colorful dishes to make your coleslaw stand out more.
- Do you know where Cole slaw (cold slaw) got its name? It came from the Dutch'kool sla' - 'kool' which means cabbage and 'sla' which means salad – kool sla means, cabbage salad. In English, that became 'cole slaw' and eventually 'cold slaw'. The original Dutch 'kool sla' was most likely served hot.
You can also make your coleslaw veggie salad as your sandwich filling. Add fried chicken or chicken nuggets then add some coleslaw and enjoy your chicken with coleslaw sandwich!
You can make variety of dishes that you can eat with your colorful, tasty, and healthy coleslaw. You will enjoy the taste while inheriting the healthy benefits of the mixed veggies used in your salad.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving