HCG Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Hcg Diet Crab Cake Recipe
- Eggs (1.0 egg)
- Iodized Salt (0.25 tsp)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
- Butter (1.0 tbsp)
- Tomato Catsup (1.0 cup)
- Mustard (100.0 g)
- Sour Cream (3.0 tbsp)
- Mayonnaise (3.0 tbsp)
- 100% Lemon Juice (1.0 tsp)
- Nonfat Plain Yogurt (1.0 8 oz container)
- Horseradish (1.0 tbsp)
- Crab Meat (1.0 pound / 2crabs)
- Breadcrumbs (1.0 cup)
- Tartar Sauce (2.0 tbsp)
- Red Pepper Flakes (1.0 tsp)
- Old Bay Spice (0.5 - 3/4 tsp)
Below is a great way to make crab cakes. It is very easy to make with the flavors combined together that allow the crab to be the most prominent flavor.
- Snap crabs and take away the crab meat. You should make sure that all shells and tendon are removed. Blend crab with ½ of the breadcrumbs. Then, set it aside.
- Get a large bowl. Add the following on the bowl: 1 egg, ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1/8 cup tartar sauce, 1 teaspoon of brown mustard, ½ to ¾ teaspoon of old bay spice, then season it with salt and pepper.
- Add in crab or bread crumb mixture and blend well using your hands. Form a ball from the crab mixture using your hand. Then press it down to make the crab cake.
If you still have enough time, you can refrigerate the crab cakes covered with plastic wrap for 10 minutes to one hour before cooking. This will bring all the superb flavors together and allow the ingredients to bind together. This will also help to keep your crab cakes from breaking apart while frying.
- To start cooking the crab cakes, heat a large frying pan on medium or high. Put some oil on it to prevent sticking. Next is to cautiously slice crab cakes one by one into oil and cook until its color becomes lightly brown. Cook them for 3 to 5 minutes.
- After 3 to 5 minutes, lightly flip each crab cake and fry on the other side until golden brown. When you’re finished cooking the crab cakes, place them on a plate with tissue on it (this will absorb extra oil that might be on each crab cake). Set aside.
- Now let’s prepare the sauces that can be served with the crab cakes. Crab cakes can be served with tartar sauce. But if you want to try other sauce for your crab cakes, you may choose one of the sauces below.
- 1) Zippy sauce can be done by whisking together ¼ cup of catsup, ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of horseradish, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- 2) Mustard Sauce can be done by mixing these ingredients in a bowl: ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup brown mustard, 1/8 cup yellow mustard, ¼ cup mayonnaise, and ¼ cup plain yogurt.
- Tips: 1) Use better ingredients to come up with better and great crab cakes. To get the best crab cake, use the best quality ingredients — fresh parsley instead of dried, fresh lemon juice instead of bottled.
2) Choose the quality of meat that matches with your budget and the general style of the rest of your menu. If your crab cakes are for a special party or dinner, you can use jumbo lump or a mixture of jumbo and backfin that will result to an extraordinary plate arrangement.
If you’re making a crab cake for a casual picnic or lunch, yet, you can make use of claw meat or special, this will allow you to reduce costs while still retaining great flavor.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving