Dukan Diet Recipes > Soups and drinks > Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Pumpkin And Ginger Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin - Raw (1.0 cup (1'' cubes))
- Ginger (0.25 cup slices)
- Shallots (1.0 oz)
- Natural Vegetable Cooking Stock (1.0 cup)
- White Wine (1.0 liter)
- Coriander Leaf (Dried) (1.0 tsp)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
Beat up your rainy day blues with this yummy and creamy pumpkin ginger soup! Delicious, filling, and nutritious, this is definitely good for your heart and health.
- Fry the pumpkin and the shallot for 2 minutes in a large saucepan.
- Put the white wine and wait until it evaporates then add ginger and stock.
- Bring the soup into a boil at medium temperature for 20 minutes then blend.
- Mix with the chopped coriander. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Share and enjoy!
- Tips: To come up with the best soups, use homemade stock and fresh ingredients. This is the secret of a tasteful soup although it is time consuming.
Hot soups are good recondition palate for meal courses or after consuming alcoholic beverages. Ideally it is being served in cold dishes.
You can reduce fat content of your soup by chilling it on the refrigerator and scrape out the fat that rise at the top. You can use paper towel to soak up oil in the surface, just make sure it is unprinted.
When cutting a butternut squash, you should keep squash pieces stable as possible when cutting. Slice the bottom section of the squash to make it steady on the cutting board hence, will make your peeling easier.
Use a heavy sharpened chef’s knife then cut off ¼ inch from the bottom then another on the edge side of the stem.
While holding the squash in another hand, peel the squash using a sharp vegetable peeler starting from top to bottom. Cut the squash equally while standing upright on the cutting board.
To scrape the squash seeds or the pulp, you can use a metal spoon to scoop those outside the squash.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving