Dukan Diet Recipes > Appetizers > Dukan Diet Attack Phase Oat Bran Pancake Recipe
- Eggs (1.0 egg)
- Oat Bran (0.09 cup)
- Zero Fat Quark (1.5 tbsp)
- Sweeteners (Saccharin) (0.3 oz)
- Fat Free Skim Milk (0.18 cup)
Try this basic pancake recipe perfect for everyday breakfast to start your morning.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, sweeter, and quark or framage frais. Combine all the dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Mix until all the ingredients in one bowl until they are just incorporated and all the lumps in the mixture are dissolved and become smooth.
- Add a non-fat milk adjust thickness of the batter if needed. Pour the batter into a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Twirl the pan around, this helps to spread egg beater into the pan evenly, forming a perfect round shape. If the batter sticks into the pan, coat the pan with a little oil.
- Cook the pancake on each side, when the bubbles start to appear in the pancake flip it over to the other side until it’s nicely browned. Transfer it into a plate and it’s ready to serve.
- Tips: Don’t guess when measuring small amounts, use measuring spoons instead of eating utensils. If you want to save time, make a batch of pancakes and store them in the refrigerator or freezer and then re-heat them when needed.
- Pancakes stored into the fridge can last for up to 1 week. You can add other ingredients such as herbs or chopped garlic into the pancake batter for a savory pancake.
- Serve it with whipped cream or top it off with some fresh fruits like: strawberries, blueberries, or a sliced banana drizzled with syrup and that’s it! You can also use it to replace bread or buns with your favorite deli meat or turkey patties or maybe even meatballs! Make it sweet or savory, the possibilities are endless.
- Facts: Oat contains soluble fiber which helps lower bad cholesterol. It absorbs an average of 23 times its volume in liquid and forms a gel like substance when consumed that’s why you’ll feel full which means you’re likely to become less hungry.
- The gel-like substance formed when the oat bran and water mixes slows down the sugar absorption and reduces the fats in the body while keeping the blood sugar levels balanced.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving