Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Attack Phase Spicy Firecracker Prawns Recipe
- Shrimp (12.0 large)
- Lemon Juice (1.0 oz)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
- Paprika (1.0 tsp)
- Dried Chili Flakes (0.5 tsp)
- Onion Powder (0.5 tsp)
- Oregano (0.5 tsp of ground)
- Thyme (0.5 tsp)
- Garlic Powder (0.5 tsp)
- Cayenne Pepper (0.25 tsp)
If you find your prawns a little bland, use spices like paprika, cayenne pepper, and some chili flakes to make a spicy firecracker powder to give it an extra kick! Just follow this simple recipe and we’ll show you how.
- First, prepare the prawns by removing its legs, head and peel of the shell, leave the tail intact if desired.
Devein the prawns by using a sharp knife and slit it along the middle of the back so you can pull the dark vein easily without leaving any marks.
- Place 6 prawns each using a skewer to pin the prawns later for cooking. Mix up all these ingredients to make dry spicy firecracker powder: ground black pepper, paprika, dried chili flakes, onion powder, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients well. Adjust the amounts of each ingredient until you achieve that perfect balance of heat.
- Coat the prawns with the spicy powder mixture; it should coat about 6 skewers. Squeeze out lemon juice into the prawns to give it some acidity and dust it over with firecracker powder on both sides.
- Coat the grill gates with a little oil and cook the prawns on each side until its color turns pink. You may also cook the prawns by broiling them.
- The cooking time depends on the heat level, but once the prawns have turned pink, then they are ready.
- Tips: The excess spicy powder mixture can also be used for chicken as seasoning. If you are using frozen shrimps, we recommend you to defrost them by soaking them in an ice cold water or into the refrigerator.
- The fastest way to defrost them is to place them into a colander and continuously toss them over running cold water.
- Facts: Although shrimps are high in cholesterol, studies showed that it slightly elevated the bad cholesterol but not the overall cholesterol, and it also spiked the good cholesterol. Statistics shows that cultures that often eat spicy foods into their meal have much lower rate of heart attack and stroke.
- Spicy foods can help ease pain caused by arthritis and damaged nerves. Eating spicy foods can help burn bonus calories and kill some cancer and leukemic cells because of the main compound “capsaicin “ which is found in chilies.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving