Dukan Diet Recipes > Appetizers > Dukan Diet Bacon And Gouda Flatbread Crackers Recipe
- Bakers Yeast (Active Dry) (1.0 package)
- Water (0.25 cup (8 fl oz))
- Oat Bran (0.25 cup)
- Olive Oil (0.125 tbsp)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Real Bacon Bits (1.0 tbsp)
- Gouda Cheese (25.0 g)
Craving for something crunchy? This Bacon and Gouda flavoured flatbread crackers will definitely satisfy your craving for it while still staying true to your diet. Try it once and I’ll guarantee you’ll fall in love with it.
- Prepare and measure all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above. Use only a packet of active dry yeast. For the Gouda cheese, use a Microplane to grate the cheese into bits.
- As for the bacon bits, you can use one tablespoon of Real Bacon Bits or you can make your own from one strip of bacon. Make sure you do not add more than necessary.
- Take the ¼ cup of water and warm this to around 100 -110 F. Place this in a bowl and pour one packet of active dry yeast and let this sit for 10 minutes. The mixture should foam and bubble. This is an indication that the yeast is alive.
- After 10 minutes, place the bowl over simmering heat (double boiler setup). Add to it ¼ cup of oat bran, the olive oil, a pinch of salt, and one tablespoon of Real Bacon bits. Stir gently and continuously while adding the ingredients.
- Continue stirring until a dough forms. It should be similar to a bread dough. Remove bowl from simmering heat.
- Take another glass bowl and slightly coat this with olive oil. You may use an olive oil spray or simply coat it with a teaspoon of olive oil. Transfer your dough into this bowl.
- Cover dough with a damp kitchen towel and place it in a proofing tray or any warm place to let the dough rise. Leave for about an hour.
- Once the dough has risen, take two sheets of wax paper or baking paper and roll your dough in between. Flatten your dough until it’s as thin as a cracker. You should get a square with a side measuring about 6 to 7 inches.
- Cut the dough into crackers (rectangular or square) according to your shape preference. Sprinkle the grated Gouda cheese on top. You may also top it with salt and pepper for a savoury taste.
Transfer baking paper with the crackers into a baking or cookie tray. Bake your crackers in a 425 F preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until crackers are golden brown and crunchy. Let cool in room temperature and then serve.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving