Dukan Diet Recipes > Appetizers > Dukan Diet Barbecue Chicken Salad Recipe
- Skinless Chicken (Thighs and Breasts) (12.0 chicken pieces)
- Red Leaf Lettuce (2.0 cup of shredded)
- Red Bell Pepper (2.0 medium, chopped)
- Onion (Small) (1.0 cup sliced)
- Jalapeno (Small) (2.0 small jalapeno, chopped and seeded)
- Young Green Onions (2.0 cup of chopped)
- Onions (1.0 cup chopped)
- Garlic (6.0 cloves, chopped)
- Splenda with Fiber (2.0 packet)
- Tomato Sauce (16.0 oz can)
- Tomato Paste (4.0 tbsp)
- Dijon Mustard (2.0 oz)
- Water (8.0 tbsp)
- Worcestershire Sauce (2.0 oz)
- Cider Vinegar (1.0 cup)
- Ancho Chili (1.0 small, chopped)
- Cumin (2.0 tsp)
- Hickory Bourbon Bar-B-Q Sauce (4.0 tbsp)
This refreshing, crisp, delicious, and healthy Barbecue Chicken Salad is perfect as your weekend meal or it can also be prepared anytime you want to.
- Start by preparing the tool you will use for barbecuing your chicken. Preheat your grill in high heat.
- While your grill is being prepared you can start sautéing the onions and garlic. In a frying pan, add olive oil on it, put the chopped onions and chopped garlic into the pan, sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Then put the remaining ingredients – 1 cup of splenda or any brown sugar substitute, tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, ½ cup of Dijon mustard, ¼ cup of water, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup of cider vinegar, chopped Ancho chili, ½ teaspoon of cumin, and ½ cup of bourbon.
- Mix all of the ingredients and cook until it starts boiling. Cook for 30 minutes until you achieve a good and thick mixture.
- When your barbecue sauce is ready, put it on a bowl and set it aside.
- Get the 6 skinless chicken parts (3 chicken thighs and 3 chicken breasts). Place it on a grill pan or outside the grill.
- Grill the chicken parts for 6 minutes on each side or until done. While your chicken is grilling, you can coat them with barbecue sauce. Turn it often or until the sauce becomes caramelized.
- If you’re cooking chicken with bones over medium heat, it should take 40-50 minutes.
- When you’re done grilling, remove the chicken from the grill and place them on a plate.
- Grab a flat plate or medium sized bowl. Put the chopped lettuce, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and then add your grilled chicken on the plate or bowl. Mix them together.
- For your chicken salad dressing, mix ¼ cup of barbeque sauce and 2/3 cup of fat free sour cream in a small bowl. Then pour it over your barbecue chicken salad.
- You can refrigerate your salad and the salad dressing until you’re ready to serve them.
- Grilling Tips:
It is important to check the fire temperature before grilling food to avoid over- or under-cooking. For some of the recipes that require grilling, it should be done over medium-hot with a single, even layer or coals that are lightly covered with grey ash.
To identify the temperature of the charcoal fire, hold your hand, palm side done, at cooking height:
1) If you can hold your hand over the coals for only 2 seconds that means the temperature is high or hot.
2) If you can hold your hand over the coals for 3 to 4 seconds then it is medium-high or medium-hot.
3) If you can hold your hand over the coals for 4 to 5 seconds then the temperature is medium.
If you want to have a well-done chicken, and if you don’t want to take much time doing it, you can partially cook your chicken in the microwave and then finish it on the grill.
To lessen the chance of overcooked or overbrowning, it is recommended to use tomato-based sauces or those that contains sugar or other sweeteners and apply only during the last 20 to 30 minutes of grilling.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving