Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Beef Chili Recipe
- Chili Powder (1.0 tbsp)
- 90% Lean Ground Beef Sirloin (32.0 oz)
- Corn Starch (0.66 tbsp)
- Cumin (3.0 tsp)
- Garlic (4.0 clove)
- Onions - Raw (1.0 medium)
- Tomato Sauce (1.0 cup)
- Water (1.0 cup (8 fl oz))
Tired of bland flavourless food? Try this beef chilli recipe. Taste the beef, Chili, and cumin in every bite. It’s so flavourful you won’t suspect that it’s healthy.
- Measure each ingredient accurately from the recipe above. Mince the garlic cloves and onions. Prepare and set aside. For this recipe, you can use red onions if you like. Red onions contain much more flavor than white onions.
- Take out a deep set casserole and sauté your onions and garlic in low fat oil. Once the spices begin to release their flavors, mix in the lean ground beef. Stir and sauté until beef is browned.
- You may have to actively stir to loosen chunks of ground beef that froze up together in the freezer. This is important so that the beef will be cooked through and the flavors can sip it.
- Browning the beef also releases the flavors of the beef into the casserole. That’s why it’s important to take your time while cooking. You shouldn’t rush the process.
- Once beef is browned enough, add the cumin, chilli powder, and tomato sauce. Stir to mix the ingredients . If you have a meat seasoning on hand like Chef Prudhomme’s Meat Magic Seasoning, you may add a tablespoon of it to the mixture. This will intensify the flavour of your chili.
- Alternately, you may use an organic salsa mix (low fat) instead of tomato sauce to add another level of flavor to your chili. Or simply use this recipe the next time you prepare the dish for variety.
- Next step is to take your cornstarch and dissolve this in one cup of water. When the cornstarch has completely dissolved, pour this into your chilli. Stir. The cornstarch will thicken your sauce for that creamy texture in the mouth.
- Let the flavors blend and sip in the meat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced and is thick enough.
- This dish may be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Reheat in the stove when ready to serve. Best served smoking hot! Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving