Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Buffalo Shrimp Recipe
Here is a super simple and really quick shrimp recipe. It is a lighter take on our favorite deep-fried Buffalo wings, these shrimp are the perfect blend of spicy and sweet. A perfect little snack or appetizer, especially if you’ll be hosting a crowd to watch a ball game, you will want to double or triple this recipe if that’s the case. They will definitely love this!
- Purchase 1 lb large shrimps the day you plan to cook them, if possible. Peel the shell; pull off the head and legs if still attached, you can keep the tail for decorative purposes. Then, devein the shrimps.
Tip on keeping shrimps fresh: Keep shrimps cold since they are highly perishable! This means keeping them in cold water and ice at all times. If you use frozen shrimp, you should know that they thaw very quickly, even when cleaning or working with them, keep ice water or cold water on hand.
- After peeling and deveining the shrimps, skewer them using bamboo sticks. Before using the bamboo sticks, soak them in water for 20 to 30 minutes so they don’t burn on the grill. Skewer each shrimp through the head end first then through the tail, you can fit 3 to 4 large shrimps with enough room at the bottom for handle.
Tip on peeling and deveining: Remove the head if it is still attached and pull of the legs. From the head end, pull of the shrimp’s outer shell. Depending on how you want to present the shrimp, you can keep the tail tip on for decorative purposes.
- Next, pre heat the grill to avoid sticking. Also, make sure to clean the grates first, then grease them lightly, this helps to keep your shrimps from sticking and makes it easier to cleanup when you are done.
Tip: Always keep the grill clean. This is essential for good-tasting food and general cooking safety.
- Grill the shrimps on medium-heat for 1.5 minutes per side. Note that shrimps cook very quickly so watch carefully. The shrimp will be pink and the flesh is opaque white when they are done.
- To prepare the sauce, combine ¼ cup of your favorite hot sauce with 1 teaspoon of Splenda, you can also use 1 teaspoon of honey instead of Splenda. Then, pour the sauce over the shrimps, just heat the sauce for about 30 seconds per side.
Tip: Don't put on sauces prior to grilling, it will only tend to drip onto the coals and cause flare-ups, the sugar will also burn quickly and give the food a burnt taste
- This Buffalo wings are best served with fat-free sour cream, or yogurt mixed with chives and some hot sauce! Enjoy!
- Shrimp Health Facts:
Shrimp Boosts Energy!
Fatigue and weakness are signs that you have low levels of iron in the body. Shrimps are high in iron which is an essential nutrient needed for energy and vitality!
Shrimps are true beauty food!
Shrimps have astaxanthin, it is a carotenoid which gives them their pink color and that can act as a potent antioxidant and protect the skin from premature aging.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving