Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Calamari Adobo Recipe
- Squid (1000.0 g)
- Iodized Salt (1.0 tsp)
- Bay Leaf (1.0 tsp of crumbled)
- Black Pepper (2.0 dash)
- Garlic (4.0 clove)
- Vinegar (0.33 cup)
- Granulated Splenda (1.0 tsp)
- Water (0.25 cup (8 fl oz))
- Onions - Raw (1.0 small)
- Chili Powder (0.5 tsp)
One of the best ways to enjoy a good calamari is to cook it adobo style. This recipe brings out the sweetness of the calamari in every bite.
- Measure all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above and prepare everything before starting to cook.
Clean the calamari and chop to bite size pieces. Remove all the intestines and black ink. You don’t have to use a large squid.
You can use lots of small squid. I personally prefer using smaller squids as these are more tender. Mince the garlic gloves and finely chop the onion as well.
- The first step is to make the adobo marinade. In a bowl, pour the vinegar with the bay leaf, salt, pepper, minced garlic, water, and splenda. You may add a little soy sauce if you like the taste of it.
Mix all ingredients and give the marinade a taste. Adjust by seasoning by adding more salt and pepper as desired.
- Marinate your calamari in this mixture for 1 hour. Store the mixture in the refrigerator while marinating.
- After one hour, drain the calamari. Do not throw away the marinade. Save it because we’ll need it when it’s time to cook the squid.
- Bring out your sauté pan and spray it with a non stick oil, preferably zero fat.
Saute chopped onions for a couple of minutes. This will bring out the onion flavor. This is what’s referred to as sweating the onions.
You’ll know you’ve sweat the onions enough when you can already smell it. At this point, add the drained squid and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the marinade into the sauté pan. Turn the stove to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste the dish and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Serve the dish with the sauce. For a richer sauce, take out the calamari and continue simmering the marinade until the sauce thickens.
- This is one of my favourite dishes. I simply love calamari cooked abodo style. I’m sure you’ll like it as well. Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving