Dukan Diet Recipes > Soups and drinks > Dukan Diet Chicken Soup Recipe
- Allspice Ground (2.0 tbsp)
- Bay Leaf (50.0 g)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
- Carrots - Raw (1.0 medium)
- Celery - Raw (1.0 stalk large)
- Onions - Raw (1.0 medium)
- Leeks - Raw (1.0 slice)
- Chicken Breast (2.0 breast quarter)
- Chicken Thigh (200.0 g)
- Chicken Stock Cubes (Dry, Dehydrated) (1.0 cube)
- Parsley (2.5 sprigs)
Chicken soup is indeed food for the soul. Let this chicken soup recipe warm your heart and soul. Every spoonful is deliciously full of nutrients that are not only good for the body but our soul as well.
- Prepare all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above. If you have chicken bones to spare, add them to the stock pot as well. It’s the chicken bones that gives the soup that heart-warming flavour.
- Prepare your carrots, celery , and onion by roughly dicing them into bite size pieces. This is the mirepoix of the culinary world. It’s the secret to a good stock base.
- Roughly chop the leeks. Finely chop the parsley. As for the chicken, you may leave them whole or you may opt to dice them into bite-size pieces as well.
- If you have chicken bones, the first step is to brown the chicken bones in a stock pot for a couple of minutes. You may add minced onions and garlic while doing this to add more flavour.
- After browning the chicken bones, deglaze the mixture with a cup of water. Deglazing will release all that good flavour that got stuck at the bottom of the pan.
- Without changing stock pots, add 2 liters of water to the mixture. Pour the chopped carrots, celery, onions, leeks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs, bay leaf, and allspice into the pot.
- If you’re using a low fat chicken stock cube, add this to the pot as well. On high heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and let the dish simmer. The longer you simmer the more flavourful your soup will be. One hour should be good enough.
- After an hour, turn off the heat and strain your soup. Remove the bay leaf and all chicken bones. Dice your chicken breasts and thighs if you haven’t done so at the start.
- Serve the soup in a bowl with the diced chicken breasts and thighs and top with parsley before serving. This heart warming dish is best enjoyed with your family and friends. Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving