Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- Baking Powder (Low Sodium) (1.0 tsp)
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) (1.0 tbsp)
- Eggs (1.0 egg)
- Oat Flour (Partially Debranned) (90.0 g)
- Granulated Splenda (6.0 tsp)
- Greek Vanilla Yogurt (Cup) (0.375 cup)
A recipe dedicated to all brownie lovers out there. While staying true to your diet, these chocolate brownies definitely deliver the goods. Not only will it satisfy your chocolate craving, it will even get the approval of your toughest critics.
- Accurately measure and prepare all ingredients as indicated in the recipe. Make sure you have everything on hand before proceeding.
- Start your oven and preheat it to 180 C. Do this at the start to allow ample time for the oven to reach and maintain the desired temperature range for baking these brownies.
- Prepare a 6 inch round cake tin or a 5 inch square tin and line this with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, pour 6 tablespoons oat bran flour, 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch processed), 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 2 tablespoon of sweetener (Splenda). Mix the ingredients thoroughly until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Add one whole egg to this mixture and beat to incorporate the egg into the dry ingredients. If you have an electric mixer, use the whisk attachment to mix. The mixture should turn chocolate brown in color and resemble a cake batter.
- Try not to over mix the batter as this will result in a tough brownie. Mix the batter just enough times so the oat bran flour is moistened.
- Transfer the batter into your baking tin. Spread the batter evenly inside the tin and level the top using an offset spatula.
Bake your brownies in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Use a cake tester to test whether your brownies are already done.
- Personally I like my brownies just a bit under baked or a still a little moist in the middle. If you want to try it this way, take the cake out when the cake tester comes out with a few pieces of batter still sticking to it. This will be about a couple of minutes less the actual cooking time.
- Take out of the oven and remove from the tin. Place the brownies on top of a wire rack and let it completely cool in room temperature. Slice into serving pieces and serve with low fat vanilla flavoured yogurt. Enjoy!
Tip: Do not attempt to slice the brownies while it is still hot. It will crumble and you’ll end up with not so perfect edges. Wait until the brownies is completely cooled before slicing.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving