Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Egg Yolk (1.0 large)
- Granulated Splenda (2.0 tsp)
- Cocoa Powder Mix (1.0 serving (3 heaping tsp or 1 envelope))
- All Natural Nonfat Plain Yogurt (0.021 cup)
- Eggs (1.0 egg)
- Egg White (1.0 large)
- Oat Bran (0.125 cup)
- Wheat Bran (Crude) (0.0625 cup)
- Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (0.1875 cup)
- Baking Powder (Low Sodium) (1.0 tsp)
- Masa Corn Flour (Enriched) (0.0625 cup)
- Granulated Splenda (3.0 tsp)
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) (1.5 tbsp)
This low fat chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect for cookie lovers. It will definitely satisfy the taste buds of even the toughest food critics.
- In making this chocolate chip cookie, we’ll need to go through two separate procedures. First, we need to create own chocolate chips! How cool is that? Second, we make the cookie dough where we'll mix in our home made chocolate chips to make our cookies.
Before anything else, preheat your oven to 180 C.
- For our chocolate chip, the egg yolk, the sweetener, the sugar free cocoa powder and the natural yogurt. Prepare all ingredients and measure them accurately from the recipe above. The sweetener is approximately 2 tablespoon while the cocoa powder is equivalent to one tablespoon. We’ll only need one large egg yolk and a teaspoon of the natural yogurt.
- To make our own chocolate chips, simply mix all the ingredients for our chocolate chips in a mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously until the cocoa powder is well incorporated into the mixture and we come up with a slightly thickened chocolate paste. Pour this mixture in a sheet of baking paper. Start from the center going inside out, spread the chocolate paste with an offset spatula. Spread the chocolate paste flat evenly until its about 2mm thick. Bake this in the oven for 10 minutes or until the chocolate dries up.
- Take the chocolate out of the oven and let cool in room temperature. Once cooled enough, you may break this into circular chips using a ring mould or simply cut the chocolate block using a sharp knife into the desired size. Set this aside.
- For the cookie dough, we’ll need one egg, 1 large egg white, around 2 tablespoon oat bran, 1 tablespoon wheat bran, 3 tablespoon vanilla yogurt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon corn flour and 3 teaspoon sweetener (splenda).
- In a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients first – oat bran, wheat bran, baking powder, corn flour, and splenda. Mix lightly with a wire whisk and then make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. At the center, pour in your wet ingredients – egg, egg white, and vanilla yogurt. Using a wire whisk, mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until everything is well incorporated.
- At this point, fold in the chocolate chips we made earlier into the cookie dough. Be careful not to mix too strongly as to prevent our chocolate chips from breaking off.
- Take out your cookie tray and line this with baking paper. Using a scoop or a spoon, lay out equal amounts of cookie dough into your baking tray. Leave ample space in between cookie rounds as your cookie dough will still expand during baking. Pop this is the oven for 17- 20 minutes or until cookies are done. Bon appétit!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving