Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Chocolate Custard Recipe
- Skim Milk (4.22 cup)
- Granulated Splenda (12.0 tsp)
- Egg Yolk (4.0 large)
- Vanilla Extract (1.0 tsp)
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) (2.0 tbsp)
A rich and creamy chocolate flavoured custard you can use as cake or cupcake filling. You may also opt to just eat it as is. Top with some seasonal fresh fruits for an upgraded dessert.
- Custards are very easy to make. Here’s a step by step guide on how to make this lovely chocolate custard dessert.
- Measure and prepare all necessary ingredients as listed in the recipe above. If you’re not on a diet, you may use full cream milk or heavy cream instead of skimmed milk. This will take your custard to another level.
- As a sweetener, we will be using Splenda. You may however substitute this with your preferred sweetener like Stevia or even Agave nectar.
- Pour the skim milk in a sauce pan. Mix a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and two tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to this mixture. Mix until cocoa powder is completely dissolved.
- Alternately, you may use a vanilla bean instead of vanilla extract for a richer and more fragrant vanilla flavour. Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla bean and mix these seeds plus the vanilla pod to the milk. Just remember to remove the vanilla pod before adding in the egg yolks.
- Next, place the sauce pan over medium heat. Warm the skim milk until small bubbles form on the side of the sauce pan. This indicates that the milk is warm enough. Turn the heat off at this point.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your egg yolks with the sweetener. Whisk vigorously until your egg yolks and sweetener reach ribbon consistency. You’ll know you’ve reached this stage when your mixture has slightly thickened and has turned pale yellow in color.
Note: It’s important to work quickly so that your milk stays warm.
- Now take the milk and temper your egg mixture with it. Pour a little (about 3 Tablespoon) milk into your egg yolk mixture while continuously whisking.
After doing this, slowly pour your egg yolk mixture to the rest of the warm milk. Continuously whisk while doing this to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Return the sauce pan into medium heat. Mix until your custard thickens to the desired consistency.
Quickly place the sauce pan on an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Strain your custard mixture to remove any lumps that may have formed. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Transfer your custard into a ramekin or a serving glass, top with seasonal fruits, and serve. This chocolate pudding is best enjoyed cold.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving