Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Water (0.25 cup (8 fl oz))
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) (1.0 tbsp)
- Gelatin Powder (Unsweetened) (5.0 g)
- Cream Of Tartar (0.125 tsp)
- Eggs (2.0 egg)
- Granulated Splenda (6.0 tsp)
This is a soft and light chocolate mousse recipe that will satiate your craving for chocolates and desserts. While it is low in calories, it is chocolaty and flavourful. It’s the perfect substitute to your regular mousse. It’s even good enough for people not on a diet.
- Accurately measure the ingredients as indicated in the recipe above. Use a glass measuring cup to measure liquids and measuring spoons to measure dry ingredients.
- Take the two eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Put them in separate bowls.
- First step is to pour your water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, turn the heat off and set this aside.
- Pour a tablespoon of low fat unsweetened cocoa powder into the warm water. Stir vigorously to dissolve all the chocolate powder. Make sure that no lumps are formed.
- Add gelatine powder to this mixture and stir until gelatine is completely incorporated. Set your chocolate mixture aside and let it cool.
- Get your electric mixer and attach the wire whisk attachment to it. If you do not have an electric mixer, you may use a wire whisk. Take your egg whites, pour about 1/8 teaspoon of cream of tartar to it and beat the mixture until soft peaks form.
- While beating your egg whites, add Splenda a little at a time while continuously beating. The Splenda and cream of tartar will help stabilize your egg whites to make it foam.
- In another bowl, beat your egg yolks. Add your chocolate mixture to the beaten egg yolks. Beat some more until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fold in your egg white foam into the egg yolk and chocolate mixture. Stir lightly to prevent the egg white from collapsing. Mix until all white spots are gone and the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your serving dishes. Use a small cocktail glass or a ramekin for better presentation. Let your mousse cool and set completely inside the fridge. It could take about 3 to 5 hours depending on how cold your refrigerator is.
- Take out of the refrigerator and top with a little shaved chocolate before serving. Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving