Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) (60.0 g)
- Eggs (2.0 egg)
- Oat Bran (0.25 cup)
- Baking Powder (Low Sodium) (11.0 g)
- Sweeteners (Liquid Fructose) (150.0 g)
- Skim Milk (1.0 cup)
- Wheat Bran (Crude) (0.125 cup)
These chocolate muffins are made with oat and wheat bran making it perfect for your Dukan diet. This will surely satisfy your cravings for chocolate. Bake a batch to take out the monotony in your diet.
- Preheat your oven to 175 C and take out your muffin baking tray and line them with cupcake papers or lightly coat with low fat oil.
- It’s important to preheat your oven so that your oven temperature will be constant when you start baking. This will help bake your muffins evenly, producing better results.
- And it’s important to line your muffin trays with cupcake paper or to coat it with non stick oil so that your muffins won’t stick to your pan.
- In a mixing bowl, place your dry ingredients – baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, oat bran, wheat bran – and mix lightly. Make a well at the center of the mixture to provide space for your wet ingredients.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the center of the well – eggs, liquid sweetener, skim milk- and mix to incorporate wet with dry ingredients. Use a wire whisk at the start and then change to a wooden spatula when the mixture starts resembling a dough.
- Do not overmix your muffin batter to prevent it from becoming too hard. Let the mixture stand for a couple of minutes.
- Bring out your muffin tray and pour equal amounts of the muffin batter into your tray. Use an ice cream scoop to be precise.
- If you don’t have an ice cream scoop, you may use a spoon. Just eyeball the level of batter you put in each hole. Be as precise as you can. If some holes have more batter than the others, these will not bake at the same time with the rest of the muffins.
- Pop your muffins into the oven for 25-30 minutes. Baking time will depend on how big your muffins are. Keep checking with a cake tester to be sure. Don’t over bake your muffins as they tend to become too dry.
When done, take out of the oven. You may serve them fresh from the oven or you may opt to let them cool a bit in a wire rack first before serving. Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving