Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Chocolate Oat Bran Recipe
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) (1.0 tbsp)
- Oat Bran (0.1875 cup)
- Skim Milk (0.7 cup)
- Granulated Splenda (4.0 tsp)
Here’s a chocolate flavoured oat bran porridge recipe to bring variety and flavour to your Dukan diet. It’s warm, soothing, and filling. It’s great for breakfast or during a cold rainy night.
- Accurately measure and prepare all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above.
- Take a small pot, enough to accommodate all ingredients, and put this over high heat. Pour your skim milk into the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add a tablespoon of low fat unsweetened cocoa powder to your milk and stir until cocoa powder is completely dissolved. Take the mixture out of the heat.
- Add three tablespoons of the oat bran of your choice. Leave the mixture for 3-5 minutes or until the oat bran has soaked in most of the chocolate milk. Your dish should look like porridge at this point already.
- Add four teaspoons of sweetener into your chocolate oat bran porridge. Stir to incorporate the sweetener into the mixture.
- Taste the porridge and add more Splenda according to your taste preference.
- While the recipe calls for you to use Splenda, you may use any sweetener of your choice. Just make sure that your choice is allowed by the diet that you are following. You may also use liquid sweeteners like agave nectar and honey.
- If the dish is no longer warm enough, place it back over the stove to reheat. Alternately, you may pop it in the microwave to reheat. A minute in the microwave should make it warm enough.
- Top with sliced bananas or your favorite fruit for added variety. Serve and enjoy the dish.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving