Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Cinnamon Cake Recipe
- Eggs (1.0 egg)
- Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (0.4 cup)
- Granulated Splenda (5.0 tsp)
- Vanilla Extract (0.25 tsp)
- Oat Bran (100.0 g)
- Baking Powder (Low Sodium) (1.5 tsp)
- Cinnamon (1.0 tsp)
- Ginger (0.25 tsp)
- Nutmeg (Ground) (0.25 tsp)
- Carrots - Raw (0.4 cup grated)
- Cream Cheese (4.0 tbsp)
- Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (0.5 cup)
- Cinnamon (0.5 tsp)
This cinnamon cake is perfect for winter. The combination of flavors from three different spices gives this cake a heart warming flavour. Eat it with your afternoon tea or simply enjoy it for dessert.
- For this recipe, we won’t be using our ovens. We will only need a microwave to bake our cake. Just prepare a microwave safe rectangular dish where we can put our batter to bake our cake.
- Lightly coat the baking dish with oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- The first part of the ingredients is for the cake batter while the second part is for the cream cheese frosting. Use fat free cream cheese or Philly light for the cream cheese. You may also use Quark cheese or Cottage cheese.
- To start off, measure the ingredients indicated in the recipe above as precisely and as accurately as you can. It’s important to get the measurement right for a good cake.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the oat bran together with the rest of the dry ingredients – Baking powder, Cinnamon powder, Ginger powder, and ground Nutmeg.
- In another mixing bowl, pour the eggs, vanilla flovored yogurt, vanilla extract, and Splenda. Mix the ingredients using a wire whisk until well combined.
- Once the wet ingredients are well incorporated, pour a third of the dry ingredients into this mixture and mix to incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Do this repeatedly until all of the dry ingredients are well incorporated into the mixture.
- Add the grated carrots last and mix lightly just to spread the carrots around.
- This is already our cake batter. Pour this into the microwave safe baking dish. Spread the batter evenly and level the top by using the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake the dish in the microwave on high power for about 4 minutes. Check the cake top is firm but not dry before taking the bake out of the microwave. Set this aside and let cool at room temperature.
- It’s time to create our cream cheese frosting. In a mixing bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese and half a cup of vanilla flavoured yogurt. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a couple of drops of Irish Cream, if you have some, to our frosting. Mix until flavors are evenly spread.
- Take your cooled cake and cut the cake in half so you can have two layers of cake. Put one layer on top of the other and stick them in place by putting half of the cream cheese frosting in between layers.
- Pour the rest of the cream cheese frosting on top and spread it evenly across the cake surface. Use an offset spatula for best results.
- Our cake is ready to eat. Serve and enjoy with your favorite tea or coffee!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving