Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Crab Cake Recipe
- Crab Meat with 15% Leg Meat (1.0 cup)
- Eggs (1.0 egg)
- Seafood Steamers Seasoning & Steaming Bag (1.0 tsp dry mix)
- Oat Bran (0.09375 cup)
- Onions - Raw (1.0 tbsp chopped)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
Crab meat is one of the best foods there is in the world! And the easiest way to eat it is by making it into crab cakes. Who doesn't love a good crab cake? When done properly it should be crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside.
- Measure and prepare all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above. Use fresh crab meat for best results. If you do not have them, canned crab meat will do as well. Try to avoid using artificial crab meat as the taste won’t be the same.
When you’re using fresh crab meat, make sure to separate all the shell from the meat. Your diners won’t be very happy if they bite into a piece of shell. It would be prudent to be meticulous and check the crab meat twice for bits and pieces of shells.
You may also replace the Old Bay Seafood Steamers Seasoning with regular food seasoning or simply a dash of soy sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, place one cup of crab meat. Loosen the pieces with a fork. Add in one whole egg and all of the oat bran. Mix lightly with a fork until the ingredients are well incorporated.
The oat bran content in this recipe is equivalent to 1.5 Tablespoon. This is the oat bran requirement for the attach phase of the Dukan diet. You may increase the volume depending on your current phase.
- Add the finely chopped onions, old bay seasoning, salt, and pepper to the mix. Continue mixing with a wooden spatula or fork.
- Once the ingredients are properly mixed, take two medium-sized ramekins or any circular mould and divide the crab meat mixture into the moulds.
Use the moulds to create two crab meat patties of identical size. It’s important to make them of the same size so cooking time would also be the same.
- Take out your frying pan and spray the pan with a non stick cooking spray. Alternately, you may use a little bit of cooking oil. Just spread the oil across the pan. Use just enough to coat the entire surface of the pan.
- Lay out your crab cakes on the pan and place this over medium heat. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook until one side is golden brown. Flip the patties to cook the other side.
Once both sides are golden brown , take your crab cakes out of the pan. They are ready to serve.
- It takes about 10 minutes on each side to cook the crab cakes.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving