Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Crispy Almond Biscuits Recipe
- Almonds (0.5 cup sliced)
- Pure Almond Extract (0.25 tsp)
- Corn Starch (4.5 tbsp)
- Eggs (3.0 egg)
- Egg Yolk (10.0 large)
- Oat Bran (1.25 cup)
- Paraffin Oil (50.0 ml)
- Sugar (0.75 cup)
- Shredded Wheat and Bran Cereal (0.7 cup)
This crispy and crunchy biscuit bursts with almond flavor in every bite. If you like nuts, especially almonds, this biscuit recipe is perfect for you.
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
It is important to preheat your oven before baking because you need to stabilize the temperature of the oven at a certain degree so that your biscuits will rise and bake evenly. Do this first before starting to bake anything.
- Prepare your cookie tray or baking tray. Line this with parchment paper to prevent your biscuits from sticking into the tray. Set aside.
If you’re using a small oven, you may have to prepare more than one baking tray.
- Prepare your ingredients. Measure each ingredient precisely as given in the recipe. Make sure you have everything measured before you start.
The egg yolks indicated above need to be hard boiled and then grated. In order to get hard-boiled egg yolks, boil large eggs for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool and then peel the egg shell and remove the egg whites to reveal the egg yolks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredient – oat bran, wheat bran, cornstarch, and sweetener (sugar). Mix ingredients slightly with a wire whisk .
In the middle of the dry ingredients create a well. Set this aside.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients – the whole eggs, paraffin oil, and almond extract. Mix with a wire whisk until they are well combined.
Pour the wet mixture in to the center of the well you created with the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spatula, slowly mix the wet with the dry ingredients. Mix until the wet and dry ingredients form a dough.
Do not over mix the mixture as this will result in tough biscuits. Mix them just enough to moisten your dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, lay out spoonfuls of your biscuit dough across your baking tray while leaving enough space in between spoonfuls to allow your biscuit to spread.
Press the biscuits on top with your spoon to flatten a bit. For better looking biscuits, make sure they are shaped nice and round.
- Roughly chop Almonds and sprinkle them on top of your biscuits. You may also mix these chopped Almonds in the dough before scooping them into the baking tray. Sprinkling the almonds on top though will give a more appetizing look to your biscuits.
It will also add a sensational flavor to your biscuits from the oils released from the nuts when the almonds are toasted while baking.
- Bake biscuits in the oven until they are golden brown (roughly 15-20 minutes, for small biscuits). Let cool on a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, you may divide the cookies into portions depending on your daily oat bran limit.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving