Dukan Diet Recipes > Appetizers > Dukan Diet Eggplant Caviar Recipe
- Eggplant - Raw (3.0 unpeeled)
- Garlic (3.0 clove)
- Lemon Juice (2.0 lemon yields)
- Fat Free Cottage Cheese (0.25 cup)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
- Parsley (4.0 sprigs)
This Eggplant dip is so good. It’s juicy and creamy with just the right amount of zing to it. Pair it with crostinis or crackers to add another level of texture in every bite. You can also serve it as a side dish to any meat dish.
- To make this dip, you can use your oven or griller. I personally prefer using the griller to add that smoky flavour to our dip.
- If you’re using the oven, preheat your oven to 200 C and prepare a baking tray big enough to accommodate your eggplants. We will also need a blender to puree our dip so have one ready as well.
- Prepare all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above.
- First step is to grill or roast our eggplants. Roast the eggplants together with the cloves of garlic in the oven or griller for about 5 to 10 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when it becomes softer.
- As for the garlic, they should turn a bit translucent. Roasted garlic is one of the best things on earth! It’s sweet and fragrant. No bitter taste that you’d expect from one at all.
- Once cooked enough, set your eggplants aside and allow them to cool completely.
- Once cooled enough, remove the peel from the eggplants and transfer the eggplant meat into a blender. Add the roasted garlic and lemon juice to it. Pulse or blend the mixture until it looks like a dip.
- Your dip doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth. Some people prefer their dips a bit rough with chunks of vegetables in it. You have freedom to decide on how you like your dip.
- Taste your dip and season it with salt and pepper as necessary. Lastly, add the cottage cheese and finely chopped parsley. Blend or stir one last time to combine all the ingredients.
- You may also use any low fat white cheese instead of cottage cheese for this recipe. Just make sure that it is compliant with the diet you are following.
- Your dip is ready to serve. Pair it with toasted bread, crostinis, or crackers. You can also serve it as a side dish to any meat dish. Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving