Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Frozen Yogurt Recipe
In recent years, a lot of ice cream enthusiasts have shifted to eating frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. It’s the perfect substitute. Not only does it contain less calories, it’s healthier as well with all the probiotics in it. I personally prefer it over ice cream. That tangy flavour unique to yogurts just drives my taste buds crazy.
- This frozen yogurt is so easy to make. While you can make your own yogurt, it’s perfectly okay to just buy a tub of vanilla flavoured low fat yogurt for this dish.
- The recipe only yields about half a cup of chocolate flavoured frozen yogurt. If you need to prepare more, you can simply double or triple the recipe.
- First step is to measure and prepare all ingredients indicated in the recipe above.
- While the recipe calls for using Stevia as sweetener, you can substitute this with your preferred brand or sweetener. The amount of sweetener also depends on your taste preference. You can increase or lessen the content according to your taste.
- If you don’t like it sweet, and if you think the yogurt is already sweet enough, you can opt not to put any sweetener anymore. I personally like it a bit tangy so I only put very little sweetener.
- If you’re serving this dish for your kids though, I would suggest putting more sweetener because I noticed that children prefer it sweeter.
- Start with a really cold yogurt. Pour this in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the unsweetened cocoa powder to the yogurt. Use a wire whisk to incorporate the chocolate into the yogurt.
- If using sweetener, add the sweetener at this stage. Mix more until all ingredients are well combined and flavors are melded.
- Place the mixture in an ice cream tub or any freezer-safe container. Let the mixture freeze for 30-40 minutes.
- Scoop into balls into a serving glass or serve as is. This is best enjoyed frozen and served with seasonal fruits. I find that bananas go so well with chocolate. You can try all kinds of berries as well. Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving