Dukan Diet Recipes > Appetizers > Dukan Diet Galette Recipe
This oat and wheat bran galette is perfect for breakfast. The base recipe is so flexible. You can just add a few aromatics to make it savoury or add artificial sweeteners to make it sweet. The choice is up to you. Regardless, what you’ll end up with is a hearty meal you can be happy about.
- These galettes are so easy to make. The quantity of the ingredients indicated in the recipe above is for a single serving.
- If you need to prepare for 2, just double the quantity of the ingredients in the recipe above except for the egg. You can use a single egg for 2 servings.
- Take out your non-stick sauté pan from the pantry. Best to use a new sauté pan or a pan not used for regular cooking. Using older sauté pans can cause the galette to stick to the bottom of the pan because of abrasions done to the non-stick surface due to regular use.
- Measure and prepare all the ingredients as indicated in the recipe above.
- For a savoury galette, you can add aromatics like garlic and onion. You may even add a few of your favorite herbs.
- If you don’t have wheat bran, you can substitute it with oat bran as well. So you will now need to prepare 3 tablespoon of oat bran instead of just 2.
- In a mixing bowl, pour the egg, oat bran, wheat bran, and fat free cream cheese or cottage cheese. Using a wire whisk, beat the mixture until it’s thoroughly mixed.
- As an alternative to fat free cream cheese, you may use quark cheese or cottage cheese. You may also substitute it with yogurt. Just make sure that these are compliant with the diet that you are following.
- Once thoroughly mixed already, add your aromatics and flavourings, if using, at this point.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste for a savoury galette as well.
- Place your sauté pan over medium heat. Pour the mixture into the sauté pan and let it brown on one side before turning it on the other side.
- You’ll know it’s ready to turn when bubbles start appearing on the top portion of the galette. It should be easy to lift it from the pan without sticking as well.
- When both sides are already golden, take out of the pan and serve immediately. Enjoy the dish while it is still warm.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving