Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Grilled Bourbon & Lemon Salmon Recipe
- Bourbon (0.25 cup)
- Lemon Juice (0.25 cup)
- Soy Sauce (Shoyu) (Low Sodium) (0.25 cup)
- Splenda (2.0 Tbsp)
- Green Onions - chopped (0.25 cup)
- Chives (3.0 tbsp of chopped)
- Garlic (2.0 clove)
- Canola Oil Cooking Spray (0.5 second spray)
- Salmon (Filleted) (4.0 (6 oz))
A simple bourbon marinade mixture with a hint of lemon. Enjoy this flavorful grilled salmon, the marinade has a nice flavor; perfect complement to rich salmon fillets. It is an easy and delicious way to grill salmon.
- To make the marinade, combine ¼ cup bourbon, ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoons of brown sugar blend Splenda or 2 teaspoon of Splenda, ¼ cup chopped green onion, 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives and 2 cloves of chopped garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add the salmon fillets into the zip-top plastic bag; squeeze as much air as possible before sealing. Marinate the fish in refrigerator for 1.5 hours, turn the plastic bag occasionally.
- Warning: Keep the marinated seafood chilled and in fridge at all times. If you leave it to room temperature, it may develop a bacterial colony which would be harmful to health.
- After 1.5 hours, remove the salmon from the plastic bag. Reserve the leftover marinade for later.
- Prepare the grill or broiler that you are going to use. Clean the grill rack or boiler pan and grease it with some cooking spray to avoid sticking. When done, place the salmon fillets.
- Grill or broil each side of the fish for 6 minutes, or you can check for doneness by using a fork to see if the fish flakes easily, brush the fish frequently with the reserved marinade while grilling or broiling. Serve and enjoy!
- Fish grilling preparation and cooking tips:
Always keep the fish chilled or refrigerated until you are going to use them.
If the fish that you are going to grill has skin intact, you can keep it. The skin will prevent the fish from curling up and flaking apart. When grilling is done, you can easily remove the skin.
Before grilling always rinse the fish with water and pat it dry after using paper towels.
To prevent sticking, always take time to brush the fish and the grill grate with a small amount of cooking oil. Put oil on the grates before starting the grill.
If you are going to cook thinner fillets and pieces of, use the direct grilling method with a medium hot grill.
Place the fish on the grill grate over the direct heat source with its skin side up.
Most fish need only to be cooked for 4 to 6 minutes each side. After cooking one side, turn it on the other side to be grilled for the same amount of time.
A good indicator the fish is done is when the fish meat is flakey and opaque in appearance. To check, insert the tip of a knife in thickest area of the fish. You could also use a meat thermometer, the fish should be at least 145 degrees F.
Salmon Health Benefits:
The protein found in salmon is easily digested and absorbed into people’s body. Unlike other protein sources, salmon does not have cancer causing substances in it. Proteins or amino acids are vital to the overall health of the human body.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving