Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Ham And Cheese Quiche Recipe
- Cottage Cheese (1.0 cup, small curd (not packed))
- Eggs (4.0 egg)
- Cooked Ham (3.0 slice)
- Onions - Raw (1.0 medium)
- Salt (2.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (2.0 dash)
This quiche is a perfect savoury dish that combines the classic goodness of ham, cheese, and egg. It’s a complete meal on its own perfect to start the day. A comforting dish that’s easy to prepare during stress-filled day.
- Prepare you oven. Preheat the oven to 175 C or 375 F.
- It’s necessary to preheat the oven so that the temperature will be constant once we start baking our quiche. This allows for even cooking and a better result for our dish overall.
- Measure and prepare all the ingredients listed above as accurately as you can. Aside from what’s listed, we will also need a mixing bowl and a baking tray to put our quiche in.
- Roughly chop the onions and cut the ham into strips or 1 inch squares.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour four eggs and whisk them to combine the egg yolks to the egg whites.
- To this mixture, add your chopped ham and chopped onions.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Mix the ingredients slightly.
- Lastly add the cottage cheese in batches. Mix thoroughly to incorporate the cheese into the egg mixture.
- Make sure your cottage cheese is already in room temperature before mixing so that it would be easy to mix.
- Aside from cottage cheese, you may also use low fat cream cheese, Quark cheese, or any low fat white cheese. Choose one that suits your taste.
- Pour your quiche mixture into the baking dish. You may put this in one large baking dish or in single serve ramekins.
- For better presentation, top your dish with a few slices of ham on top. Once these are cooked and browned, they will look very appealing in contrast to the pale colored egg mixture.
- Bake your quiche in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. You’ll know your quiche is done when the top is golden and the inside is no longer watery. It should be a bit springy to touch.
- Note that baking time will depend on how big or deep your baking dish is. The smaller the baking pan the faster the baking time would be.
- Once done, take out of the oven and serve immediately. This dish may be enjoyed cold as well but I prefer it hot or warm.
- You may reheat it in the microwave for a about a minute.
- Enjoy this delectable and comforting dish with your family. The classic goodness of ham, cheese, and egg all in one dish!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving