Dukan Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Dukan Diet Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
A rich and creamy yellow sauce that has become the talk of the town after reality cooking shows here and there highlighted the sauce in their challenges. Better known as the sauce for Eggs Benedict, this sauce can actually be paired with other dishes as well. It goes very well with fish.
- A hollandaise is a warm sauce as opposed to mayonnaise which is considered a cold sauce. The preparation for both sauces is actually quite similar.
- If you have made mayonnaise before then making hollandaise shouldn’t be that had. There’s no reason to be intimidated.
- First, measure and prepare all ingredients as indicated in the recipe. Measure as accurately as you can to stay true to the intended taste.
- In a sauce pan over heat or in a microwave, warm the skim milk just before boiling point. Turn off the heat when small bubbles already start to appear on the sides of the pan.
- In another sauce pan, pour your egg yolk, mustard, and lemon juice (about 2 tablespoon). Using a wire whisk, vigorously whisk the ingredients over low heat until well combined.
- The best method is to use a double boiler so the temperature remains very low. You can have your own double boiler set up at home by placing one sauce pan over the other and boiling water in the sauce pan underneath.
- It’s important to use low heat because we don’t want our eggs to cook through.
- Continuously whisk the mixture over low heat until it thickens.
- Once thick enough slowly pour the warm milk into the mixture while still continuously whisking. Pour the milk in a slow drip.
- We are emulsifying our hollandaise sauce that’s why it’s important to continuously whisk the mixture. If we stop whisking, there is a chance that our sauce will separate and it would be a failure.
- Once the sauce resembles a consistency similar to that of homemade mayonnaise, take it out of the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Pour the sauce over fried eggs, French beans, asparagus, spinach, bacon, or even fish.
- Now that you know how to make one, you can be a master chef yourself. Go on and impress your family!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving