Dukan Diet Recipes > Soups and drinks > Dukan Diet Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Fat Free Skim Milk (1.0 cup)
- Skim milk powder (1.0 Tbspn)
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) (0.33 tbsp)
- Granulated Splenda (3.0 tsp)
This is a creamy hot chocolate recipe that will warm your heart. It’s perfect for a cold rainy day or simply for breakfast or snacks. It’s so rich and chocolaty that will definitely satisfy your cravings for chocolate. Best of all, it’s low in fat and carbohydrates.
- This recipe calls for the use of a microwave oven. If you don’t have one, you can always use a sauce pan and heat the mixture in the stove.
- Prepare and measure all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above.
- While the recipe indicates that you use 3 teaspoon of Splenda, you may use more or less sweetener depending on your taste preference. You can also use your preferred brand of sweetener. You might also want to consider using natural sweeteners like honey and agave nectar.
- Using unsweetened cocoa powder has a lot of benefits. Chocolate is actually also good for our health. It contains antioxidants that combats and reduces the production of free radicals in our bodies that can make us sick.
- In a microwave safe mug or container, pour your skim milk. Heat this on high for about 1 minute. Alternatively, you can bring the milk to a boil in a sauce pan over high heat.
- Mix unsweetened cocoa powder and powdered skim milk in a mug. Pour a few tablespoon of the warm milk into this mixture.
- Mix vigorously until mixture turns into a paste. Pour the rest of the warm milk into the mixture.
- Continue whisking until cocoa powder is completely dissolved. Don’t worry if there are a few granules of cocoa powder that are still not dissolved. These will be gone once you reheat everything in a later step.
- Add sweetener at this point. Mix to dissolve sweetener completely. Taste and adjust level of sweetness according to your preference.
- Bring the mixture to a boil again or reheat mug for another minute or two in the microwave.
- Transfer to serving mug, top with a little cocoa powder, and enjoy while it is still warm.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving