Dukan Diet Recipes > Soups and drinks > Dukan Diet Hot Italian Chicken Sausage Fettuccini Recipe
- Chicken Sausage (5.0 link (7/8'' dia x 4'' long))
- Cream Cheese - fat-free (2.0 oz)
- Milk (Nonfat) (1.0 cup)
- Tofu Shirataki Noodles - Fettuccini size (1.0 pack)
- Parsley (2.0 tbsp)
Here is a hearty, protein-rich Italian chicken sausage fettuccini recipe. With cooked with shirataki noodles which are rich in a soluble fiber that works like a sponge in your stomach and you feel full on much less calories!
- First, remove the chicken sausage from the casing, in this recipe, we will be needing about 5 links of spice(Italian) Chicken sausage.
- Next, brown the sausage on a non-stick skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- When the chicken sausage are browned and thoroughly cooked, toss in 2 oz. of fat-free cream cheese, and 1 cup of fat-free milk.
- Continue cooking until the mixture slightly boils, and then reduce the heat immediately.
- Now prepare the Shirataki noodles. We will need a pack of fettuccini-sized tofu Shirataki noodles. Shirataki noodles are always packed with water; rinse them very well to get rid of the usual fishy smell.
- Take a colander and place it on your sink, pour the water out from the shirataki noodles packaging and and put the noodles in the colander. Hold the colander under running water while moving the noodles around using your hands to ensure that every noodle is well rinsed.
Tip: Most of the comments against shirataki noodles are because of improper rinsing, so rinse the noodles well to get rid of the fishy smell.
- Shirataki noodles are packed already cooked, but boiling it will enhance the flavor. In this case, after draining and rinsing the noodles properly, add them to the sausage mixture. Cook the dish until the sauce has slightly thickened and the noodles are well coated.
- Finally, before serving, garnish the dish with fresh parsley to taste. Enjoy your Italian Chicken Sausage Fettuccini!
- Here are some Shirataki noodles health benefits:
Shirataki noodles are usually used as a replacement for pasta in most Asian noodle recipes, spaghetti and many more; it is low in calorie, carbs and is very nutritious.The nutrition you will get from shirataki noodles appears to far surpass the negligible calories they deliver.
Low in Calories and Carbs
According to studies, each 4 oz. of tofu shirataki noodles contains 20 calories, three grams of carbohydrates and .5 grams of fat. An expert chef says that shirataki noodles that does not contain tofu has no carbohydrates and calories. Because of the fiber clucomannan found in these noodles, which is sometimes used in weight-loss supplements, shirataki noodles may also promote a feeling of fullness. This makes shirataki noodles perfect when you are on a diet.
Cholesterol Lowering Benefits
Beside the noodle’s low-calorie, low-carbohydrate benefits, in addition, the glucomannan fiber in shirataki noodles may also help lower your cholesterol. According to studies, glucomanan and chitosan fiber supplements reduced the blood cholesterol levels of 21 overweight study volunteers.
Tofu shirataki noodles provides additional benefits, it contains protein and calcium. Shirataki noodles with tofu contain 1 gram of protein in a 4-oz serving. As a healthy plant-derived food, tofu is low in calories, fat, and high in soy protein. It is also high in selenium, omega-3 fatty acids, and iron. Consuming tofu also helps on strengthening your bone since it is high in calcium.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving