Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- Creme Fraiche (16.0 tbsp)
- Eggs (6.0 egg)
- Lemon and Lime Jelly Crystals (Hartley's) (36.0 g)
- Lemon Juice (1.0 lemon yields)
- Lemon Peel (1.0 tbsp)
- Oat Bran (0.375 cup)
- Cottage Cheese (250.0 g)
- Skim Milk (0.25 cup)
- Granulated Splenda (42.0 tsp)
- Vanilla Extract (2.0 tsp)
- Water (1.25 cup (8 fl oz))
This lemon cheesecake recipe will definitely satisfy the appetite of all sweet tooths out there. It is rich and creamy with just the right hint of tanginess from the lemon. The perfect cheesecake to cap every meal.
- Prepare and measure all ingredients precisely as indicated in the recipe above.
- One lemon should yield about a tablespoon of lemon rind or peel. Aside from cottage cheese you may also use Quark cheese and other low fat cheeses. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Take around 300 ml (around 1 and ¼ cup water) of water and bring it to a boil. Take it our of the heat and dissolve the lemon and lime jelly crystals into this mixture. Set aside and leave to cool in room temperature.
- Next, let’s make our lemon cheesecake’s crust. In a mixing bowl, mix the oat bran, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, 4 tablespoons of splenda. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Take your non-stick cake pan and press this mixture into the bottom. It’s advisable to use a cake pan where the bottom can be detached so it would be easy to remove the cheesecake later on.
Bake the crust in a 200 C oven for 15 to 20 minutes. You would know it’s ready when it’s already dry and crunchy. Once done, take it out of the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, pour the egg yolks, 10 tablespoon of Splenda, half of the lemon rind, and the juice from one lemon. Mix well using a wire whisk. Add the crème fraiche and the cottage cheese. Mix well until mixture is smooth and ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, or in an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until it forms soft peaks. When done, fold egg whites into your cream cheese mixture.
- Take your lemon and lime gelatine mixture and fold this gently into the mixture as well. Be careful not to over stir the mixture to retain the air created from the egg whites.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining lemon rind on top. Cover with a cling wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight to set. Make sure your refrigerator is cold enough. Otherwise, it will take more hours for your cheesecake to set.
Once set, slowly take out from the cake tin and serve.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving