Dukan Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Dukan Diet Mayonnaise Recipe
- Zero Fat Quark (1.0 tbsp)
- Dijon Mustard (3.0 tsp)
- Egg Yolk (1.0 large)
- Season-All Seasoned Salt with Pepper (0.25 tsp)
This is the perfect pair for fish, sandwiches and diet toast! Follow these simple and easy steps to make you own low-fat fresh mayonnaise!
- In a mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks, careful not to over beat. Add-in the other ingredients: Dijon mustard, season it with sea salt and black pepper.
- You can use other seasoning(s) if desired. Stir all the ingredients until just incorporated.
- Gradually add-in the zero fat quark or fromage fraise into the mixture while continuously stirring. When all the ingredients blend together.
- Put the mayonnaise into a jar or container and store it into the fridge. That’s it! There goes your mayo! Perfect dipping for veggies and spread for sandwiches!
- Tips: Add whipping cream, yogurt, evaporated milk or hot water to adjust the consistency of the mayonnaise if it's too thick. Have all the ingredients at room temperature at least 30 minutes before using them, like taking out the eggs or yogurt into the refrigerator.
- If you want to achieve richer mayo, use only pure egg yolks, not the entire egg. To brighten up the flavor a bit, you can add a spritz of lemon or lime juice or a good wine vinegar.
- Facts: Mayonnaise is good for the heart. Based on research, it may protect post menopausal women from having stroke because of the vitamin E that it contains. Eating foods that are rich in vitamin E can help reduce the risk of having heart disease.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving