Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Oat Bran Cookies Recipe
- Baking Powder (Low Sodium) (1.0 tsp)
- Eggs (1.0 egg)
- Oat Bran (0.18 cup)
- Sweeteners (Saccharin) (0.5 oz)
- Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (0.125 cup)
Satisfy your cravings with this quick and easy to make low fat oat bran cookies that will fill that tummy in no time.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prepare two baking sheets, make sure that the baking sheets fits properly into the oven. Lightly coat it with oil using a pastry brush.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients: eggs, sweetener, and yogurt. Combine the dry ingredients into the mixture: baking powder and oat bran. Mix all the ingredients until it becomes thick and smooth.
- Drop the cookie dough into the baking sheets using a spoon. But, if you want your cookies to have equal sizes use an ice cream scoop.
- Don’t be shy using heaping scoops and make then extra thick. Provide a two inch allowance between the cookies and the edges of the baking tray.
- If your cookies are too elastic and spread in your baking tray, refrigerate them first before baking. You can also use muffin tins to bake these cookies.
- Place the baking trays into the middle-lower rack of the preheated oven, and bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. After 15 minutes, carefully take the cookies out from the oven.
- Wait for 1 minute before transferring the cookies into a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
- Tips: If you want crunchy cookies but are soft inside remove them from the oven and flip them over into the muffin trays and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes on each sides.
- Facts: Oat contains soluble fiber which helps lower bad cholesterol. It absorbs an average of 23 times its volume in liquid and forms a gel like substance when consumed that’s why you’ll feel full which means you’re likely to become less hungry.
- The gel-like substance formed when the oat bran and water mixes slows down the sugar absorption and reduces the fats in the body while keeping the blood sugar levels balanced.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving