Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Oat Bran Porridge Recipe
- Oat Bran (0.18 cup)
- Fat Free Milk (0.52 cup)
- Sweeteners (Saccharin) (1.0 serving 1 packet)
- Vanilla Extract (1.0 tsp)
Start you diet plan with this quick and warm breakfast whatever the season is.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine the oat bran and milk. Stir to incorporate the ingredients. Put it into the microwave and heat for about 45 seconds on high temperature.
- After 45 seconds, take it out from the microwave and add-in the vanilla and sweetener to taste. Taste the porridge and add more sweetener according to your taste preference.
- Let it sit for a few minutes until the oat bran absorbs the milk, then put it back into the microwave and cook for another 45 seconds on high temperature. If the dish is no longer warm enough, place it back over the stove to reheat.
- Alternately, you may pop it in the microwave to reheat. A minute in the microwave should make it warm enough.
- Tips: You can adjust the consistency of the porridge and the level of moisture that will suit your palette by adding milk.
- Facts: Oat contains soluble fiber which helps lower bad cholesterol. It absorbs an average of 23 times its volume in liquid and forms a gel like substance when consumed that’s why you’ll feel full which means you’re likely to become less hungry.
- The gel-like substance formed when the oat bran and water mixes slows down the sugar absorption and reduces the fats in the body while keeping the blood sugar levels balanced.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving