Dukan Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Dukan Diet Pepper Gravy Sauce Recipe
- Beef Stock (1.0 cup (8 fl oz))
- Garlic (2.0 clove)
- Ground Black Pepper (1.0 tsp)
- Fat Free Cream Cheese (4.0 tbsp)
- Granulated Splenda (1.0 tsp)
- Button Mushrooms (0.25 cup)
Spice up your meat dishes with this delectable pepper gravy sauce. It’s thick and savoury just the way a gravy should be. You can even pair it with vegetable to make them more appetizing. Go on, make one now.
- For this gravy sauce, we’ll need a medium sauce pan.
- Prepare all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above
- Take 2 garlic cloves and crush them to release its flavors. After which, you may mince them to prepare for cooking.
- As for the beef stock, choose one that’s low in sodium content. Better yet, make your own beef stock to be sure.
- The extra light cream cheese is optional. If using, definitely use one that is less fat or fat free. You may also use fat free cottage cheese.
- While the recipe calls for using Splenda as sweetener, you may substitute this with your preferred brand. You can use Stevia or even natural sweeteners like honey and agave nectar. Just make sure that your choice is compliant by the diet you are following.
- The first step is to cook the mushrooms. In a sauce pan, boil water and cook your mushrooms in it until they turn soft. If you are using canned button mushrooms, you may skip this step. Just slice the mushrooms thinly so they will be cooked in the gravy.
- Take another sauce pan, spray with a little non stick cooking spray or swirl a few drops of oil around the pan then place it over high heat. Saute your garlic and pepper together with the mushrooms.
- Next pour the beef stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and let the mixture simmer until the stock is reduced by a third.
- Using a wire whisk, mix in the fat free cream cheese into the gravy. Mix well to blend the cream cheese with the beef stock.
- Leave the gravy to simmer until it is thickened and achieves a consistency similar to that of gravy.
- Take out from the heat and transfer to a sauce bowl or gravy pot.
- Tip: If you don't want to use cream cheese or any other cheese for that matter, you may thicken the sauce by using a teaspoon of cornstarch. Just mix in the gravy and let the sauce simmer until it thickens.
- Pour this delicious gravy over any meat dish to spice up your meals. You can even use it over mashed potatoes, vegetables, and baked potatoes.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving