Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Pork Chops And Sauerkraut Recipe
- Pork Chop (5.0 small or thin cut (3 oz, with bone, raw) (yield after cooking, bone removed))
- Sauerkraut (with juice) (14.0 oz)
- Red Onions - sliced (0.5 medium)
- Brown Sugar (0.3 cup unpacked)
- Beer (1.0 cup)
- Coarse Kosher Salt (0.25 tsp)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
- Garlic Powder (1.0 tsp)
- Garlic - finely chopped (2.0 clove)
Serve this delicious Pork Chops and Sauerkraut recipe. Cook this by following the instructions in this easy to make recipe.
- First you need to season the pork chops with kosher salt, garlic powder, and pepper. If you are on a low sodium diet, add more pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook the pork chops in a pan until brown and then put them to the crock pot. Add ¾ cup of beer into the pan and then scrape the bottom of the pan and put the beer to the crock pot.
- Next, add sauerkraut on the pork chops. Add 1/3 cup of brown sugar into the beer sauce with the minced garlic.
- Adjust the heat to low flame and cover the pan. Cook for 7 to 8 hours.
- When done, take the pork chops out of the crock pot and transfer them in a plate or bowl. Do the plating as desired to make it look more appetizing and serve hot.
- Facts on Sauerkraut:
Sauerkraut is a finely shredded cabbage that is fermented by several lactic acid bacteria.
Sauerkraut is prepared by a process of preserving called lacto-fermentation that is similar to how traditional preserved kimchi and cucumbers are made. German sauerkraut is usually flavored with juniper berries.
To make homemade Sauerkraut, sprinkle sea salt between layers of finely shredded, raw organic cabbage in a glass jar or stoneware crock. To ferment it, the cabbage should be stored in airtight conditions.
Sauerkraut offers a lot of health benefits. It can boost immune system. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals that’s why it has been used as a lay immune booster for centuries.
Having a healthy functioning immune system can aid common cold, skin problems, weight gain, and tainted blood. These health problems are just some of those that can be treated by Sauerkraut consumption.
Sauerkraut can also fight cancer. A study shows that Sauerkraut is a cancer inhibitor. The fermentation of cabbage produced a substance called isothiocynates. This substance prevents cancer growth specifically in the liver, lung, colon, and breast cancer.
Sauerkraut intake is a great way to protect the balance of bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract. Sauerkraut is one of the few foods that contain the bacterium Lactobacilli plantarum. This is a very dominant strain of healthful bacteria which helps your digestive system in a way that it boosts the immune system by increasing antibodies that fight infectious disease.
Fermented foods such as Sauerkraut can assist the breakdown and absorption of proteins. They are known to have a relaxing effect on the nervous system.
Sauerkraut juice naturally supports the process of digestion, maintains intestinal flora, and increase the feeling of well-being.
Sauerkraut and its juice are also known to be good remedies for constipation. Some families of Southern Germany prepare raw sauerkraut twice a week and let their children to consume it to support their intestines.
Sauerkraut contains vital bacteria which are created during the fermentation process. This makes Sauerkraut contain health-boosting qualities therefore Sauerkraut intake can be your defense against flu and any related health problems.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving