Dukan Diet Recipes > Desserts > Dukan Diet Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 100% Pure Pumpkin (2.0 cup)
- Cinnamon (1.25 tsp)
- Nutmeg (Ground) (0.5 tsp)
- Ginger (0.25 tsp)
- Iodized Salt (0.5 tsp)
- Vanilla Extract (1.5 tsp)
- Eggs (3.0 egg)
- Skim Milk (1.75 cup)
- Granulated Splenda (1.0 tsp)
Enjoy this heartwarming dessert anytime of the year with this low calorie pumpkin pie recipe. Every spoonful bursts with the autumnal flavors that we readily associate with Thanksgiving day. It’s thick and creamy with the enticing smell of nutmeg.
- For this recipe, we will be using an oven. Preheat your oven to 175 C or 375 F. The preparation time will be just about enough time for the oven to reach the temperature required.
- Have all the ingredients indicated in the recipe above before starting. Measure the spices using a measuring spoon and all liquids with a glass measuring cup.
- While the recipe calls for the use of pumpkin puree bought from the store, you may opt to use fresh pumpkin if you like. Fresh pumpkin puree is definitely way better. It has more flavor compared to store-bought pumpkin puree.
- If you’re making your own pumpkin puree, just pour pumpkin slices in a pot of boiling water and leave them for 5 minutes to soften. After which you can use a blender or a potato masher to create your pumpkin puree. Don’t forget to add a little salt and pepper to the water when boiling your pumpkin slices.
- Take out a large mixing bowl and pour eggs into it. Slightly beat the eggs until the egg yolks are evenly mixed with the egg whites.
- Add the ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, salt, and vanilla extract to the egg mixture. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Next add the skim milk and sweetener to the mixture. Whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Lastly, pour your pumpkin puree into the mixture in batches. Do this while continuously mixing the mixture so that our pumpkin puree will be evenly distributed.
- Pour your pumpkin pie mixture into single serve ramekins or baking pans. If you don’t have small containers, you may use one big baking pan.
- Bake your pumpkin pie in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes. You’ll know your pie is done when the center is no longer jiggly or when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Note that baking time might depend on how big and deep your baking pan is. The smaller the container the faster the baking time would be.
- Once done, take out of the oven and let cool in room temperature. Serve with a spoonful of non fat whipped cream and a dash of ground nutmeg.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving