Dukan Diet Recipes > Soups and drinks > Dukan Diet Shirataki Noodles Recipe
- Chicken Breast (1.0 medium slice)
- Onions - Raw (1.0 medium)
- Garlic (1.0 clove)
- Eggs (1.0 egg)
- Chili Powder (0.125 tsp)
- Chinese Five Spice Blend (1.0 tsp)
- Ginger (0.125 cup slices)
- Chicken Stock Cubes (Dry, Dehydrated) (1.0 cube)
- Water (3.0 cup (8 fl oz))
- Tofu Shirataki Noodles (8.0 oz)
This chicken shirataki noodle soup tastes just like any chicken soup. It’s heart warming and very nutritious. What’s good about though is that it uses Shirataki noodles which are low in carbohydrates and calories.
- Have all the ingredients ready as indicated in the recipe above.
- Finely chop the onion and clove of garlic.
- If your chicken breast is still raw, cook it in boiling water first. Once thoroughly cooked, shred the chicken breast into fine strips.
- As for the ginger, you’ll need a thumb about half an inch thick of ginger for this recipe. There’s no need to chop of peel the garlic just wash it to make sure that it’s clean.
- Before using the noodles, rinse them under running water to remove any dust or dirt that may have accumulated during storage.
- Take a medium stock and lightly coat the bottom with oil. Remove the excess oil by wiping with a kitchen towel or paper.
- Pour your minced onions and garlic into the pot. Set your heat to medium and sauté the onions and garlic for about a minute.
- Add the shredded chicken breasts, ginger, and chilli powder. Stir for a while.
- Next add 3 cups of water together with the chicken stock cube and five spice seasoning. Bring the soup to a boil on high heat.
- Once the water is already boiling, add the shirataki noodles. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- If there is not enough water in the pot, you may add more warm water as necessary.
- At this point, taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Add a dash of salt and pepper according to your taste. You may also add more chilli powder or chilli flakes if you prefer it a bit spicy.
- Add a little sweetener as well if you want the soup a little sweet. Let the water reduce if the broth is too bland for your taste. The flavors will develop once most of the water has evaporated.
- After 10 minutes, drain the liquid and set this aside. Do not throw away the liquid.
- Stir a beaten egg into the noodles mixture. Leave for about a minute to allow the egg to cook.
- Transfer the noodles into a soup bowl together with the liquid. Serve and enjoy this dish while still warm.
- Shirataki noodles are acceptable for any phase in the Dukan diet because these noodles are low in carbohydrates and low in calories. They are also sometimes called as yam noodles. These originated from Japan but now are also being manufactured in the US as well. These are great for diet programs as they can prolong the sensation of fullness and increase your needed fiber intake.
- For the Dukan diet, best if you can get Shirataki noodles specifically marked as Dukan Diet Shirataki Noodles or sometimes referred to as the Dukan Noodles.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving