Dukan Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Dukan Diet Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe
- Lemon Juice (1.0 wedge yields)
- One Carb Reduced Sugar Tomato Ketchup (6.0 tbsp)
- Horseradish (1.0 tbsp)
- Worcestershire Sauce (1.0 tbsp)
This no sugar cocktail sauce goes superbly with any seafood dish especially shrimps. Impress your guess with this delicious dipping sauce that goes well with any seafood dish.
- Measure and prepare all ingredients as accurately as you can before starting.
- You may prepare this sauce in advance way ahead before you plan to hold the party. Just store the sauce in the refrigerator and preferably in an air tight container. The lemon juice in the recipe keeps the sauce fresh for days.
- Measure about 6 tablespoons of the Heinz One Carb Ketchup and place this in a mixing bowl. Alternatively, you may use pure Tomato paste or any low fat ketchup as substitute.
- The Heinz One Carb Ketchup is great for this recipe because it does not only give a rich tomato flavor but it is also low in sugar and carbohydrates which is great for our diet.
- Add a tablespoon of ground horseradish and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the ketchup. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Lastly, add the juice of one wedge of lemon. Stir to incorporate the lemon into the dipping sauce.
- Taste your dipping sauce and adjust the taste according to your preference. You may add a dash of salt and pepper if you like. You may also add a few teaspoons of sweetener if you prefer your dip a little bit sweet.
- Add a few drops of Tabasco chilli sauce if you like your cocktail sauce to be a lot more spicy.
- The lemon juice will give our sauce that lively acidic kick great for all kinds seafood dishes. Together with the horseradish, it is the perfect match for our shrimps. These ingredients also help preserve the freshness of our dipping sauce.
- For a different twist of flavors, try a different citrus the next time you make this sauce. Try lime, orange, or even calamansi.
- Keep this sauce in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving