Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Spicy Chicken Livers Recipe
- Chicken Liver (500.0 g)
- Onions - Raw (1.0 medium)
- Garlic (3.0 clove)
- Chili Powder (1.0 tsp)
- Cumin (0.5 tsp)
- Tabasco Sauce (0.5 tsp)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
- Red Table Wine (2.0 oz)
- Parsley (1.0 tbsp)
I never liked eating chicken liver. They’re chewy and grainy. But that was until I tried this Spicy Chicken Liver recipe. Not only are chicken livers low in fat, they are also good sources of vitamins A and B12!
- Measure and prepare all ingredients as indicated in the recipe beforehand. Wash and trim the chicken livers.
- Mince the onions and garlic. And measure the red wine already. If you don’t have red wine, you can use chicken stock instead.
- Take out your frying pan and spray it with non stick cooking oil or you can put a teaspoon of cooking oil in it and swirl the pan to coat the entire cooking surface with oil. Set your pan over medium heat.
Saute your minced garlic and onions. Place the onions first followed by the garlic. This will prevent burning your garlic. Burnt garlic releases a bitter taste.
- Increase the heat to high and add your chicken livers. Work quickly, browning your chicken liver on all sides. Add a teaspoon chilli powder, half a teaspoon of sage, half a teaspoon of cumin to the pan. Stir.
- Pour the red wine or chicken stock to deglaze the pan. Deglazing scrapes all the flavor stuck at the bottom of the pan so it can combine with the wine or chicken stock.
- Lower the heat to medium and bring the dish to a simmer.
- Taste the dish and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Add salt and pepper according to your taste preference. Add as much Tabasco sauce as you like. Personally I like it a bit spicy and so I add around a teaspoon of the smoking hot sauce. You may also use a different brand of hot sauce.
- Let the dish simmer for 3-4 minutes so the liver can soak in all the goodness in the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with chopped parsley, and serve the dish while it’s still hot.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving