Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Tandoori Chicken Fillets Recipe
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets (2.0 breast)
- Tandoori Masala Spice Mix (2.0 Tbspn)
- Lowfat Plain Yogurt (0.125 cup)
- Lemon Juice (1.0 lemon yields)
- Green Hot Chili Peppers (1.0 pepper)
- Garlic (1.0 clove)
- Ginger (0.125 cup slices)
Thanks to aromatic and flavourful spices your Dukan diet doesn’t have to be bland and dull. Take this Tandoori Chicken Fillet dish for example. The succulent and juicy chicken breasts burst with the Tandoori Spice Mix flavour in every bite. You’ll surely prepare this dish even when you’re already not on diet.
- In preparing this dish, we’ll need to start with preparing the spice rub for our chicken breasts. Finely chop the green chilli, ginger, and garlic. Place this in a mortar.
- Freshly squeeze the juice of one lemon and pour this in the mortar as well. Add the Tandoori Masala Spice mix as well. Pound the mixture into a paste.
- If you have a food processor at home, you may use it instead of using a mortar and pestle. Although I find that pounding the spice rub gives the dish that essential ingredient that only the cook can give – love. Pounding also releases more flavors from the spices compared to using a food processor.
- Measure around two tablespoons of fat-free plain yogurt and mix the spice rub into this. Use a spoon or a fork to combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Take your chicken breasts and lay them out on a chopping board. Score the chickens on one side to create slits in the meat where your spice rub can settle.
- Rub the yogurt marinade all over the chicken breasts. Wrap a cling film around these and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. This is enough time for the our chicken to absorb the flavors from our spice rub.
- Alternately, you may use a zip lock bag to store your chicken breasts.
- When ready to cook, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and remove the cling wrap. You may bake, grill, or barbecue these according to your preference. Personally, I like the added smoky flavor I get from grilling the chicken breasts over charcoal.
- Make sure your chicken breasts are cook through. Check that the meat is white and no longer pinkish in color.
Take out of the grill and serve with a dollop of fat-free yogurt. Serve with a lemon wedge and an organic salsa dip on your next try for variety. Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving